Facts, Not Fiction

Page 75 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    EVERY team knows what's coming and when working well it's tough to stop. That's the Flexbone and the three Service Academys use it.
    Indeed , the genius of the triple option can't be overstated. That it was "discovered" so early in the history of the game is remarkable.

2. Collapse Details

Joe Burrow wins the Heisman. This is one of those years where the QB was the right choice, it is a huge triumph for coach O and the LSU program. It is also a great "follow your dreams, never give up story.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    As you know, but choose to ignore, my critical comments were directed at LSU's failure to recruit and develop a top QB, not Burrow personally.

That said, the fact remains - had Burrow stayed at Ohio State he would have been #2 last year(at best), and #2 this year. Indeed, Burrow's Heisman hopes benefited greatly from Justin Field ... But kudos to Burrow - the Ohio State QB factory just keeps turning out elite signal callers.
    The face value record of your comments is clear for all to see and jazz is not out of bounds to remind everyone of the outofbounds disdain you had for LSU and Burrow.

1) LSU had a stud QB land in their lap and it was a godsend to maxizing their scoring potential

2) That Burrow was buried in the depth chart at Ohio State University said nothing about him but you made it about both him and LSU. The truth is every team is trying to build their offense and some players fit better than others. Burrow found a place where he fit.

It never meant that Fields or anyone else was better than Burrow ,they were different and suited for different approaches to scoring. It Fields were at LSU and left there to start at OSU we would see it as a great move by a great QB.

Guru, just take your medicine on this one!

4. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    That Burrow was buried in the depth chart at Ohio State University said nothing about him but you made it about both him and LSU!

Everything I've said about both are facts. Would Burrow be the best QB for for 97.7% of FBS teams? Yes. Ohio State was, and is, not one of them.

Does LSU have a problem with identifying, landing, and developing top prep QB talent? Yes.
    There are no strings on me

5. Collapse Details

As you know, but choose to ignore, my critical comments were directed at LSU's failure to recruit and develop a top QB, not Burrow personally.
    I didn't ignore anything. Your words, in which you repeatedly ridiculed Burrow and LSU and which were dripping with schadenfreude when LSU lost, speak for themselves. Ask yourself this simple question. Would Burrow's parents have taken offense at your comments?

That said, the fact remains - had Burrow stayed at Ohio State he would have been #2 last year(at best),
    You said that he would have been #3 last year behind a guy who now is the #3 quarterback at 6-6 Miami, but according to Urban Meyer he barely lost out to Haskins for the #1 spot, which means Martell wasn't even in the running.

and #2 this year.
    That's purely speculative and unknowable. I assume the conversations that Ryan Day had with Tate Martell and Justin Fields led to their respective transfers. Had Burrow stayed, Day might not have recruited Fields.

But kudos to Burrow - the Ohio State QB factory just keeps turning out elite signal callers.
    After 2 years, finally a Burrow compliment. Was that so hard? The point I was trying to get through to you all along is that there's is no shame in getting beat out for the starting job at quarterback by a great quarterback. There was no shame in Burrow getting beat out by Haskins, Haskins getting beat out by Barrett or Barrett getting beat out by Miller. Similarly, there was no shame in Fields getting beat out by Froome or Hurts getting beat out by Tagovailoa. The 2015-16 Ohio State Buckeyes have clearly surpassed the 1982-83 Miami Hurricanes as the greatest collection of quarterback talent in the history of college football. How's this for depth?

• 1. Braxton Miller (2x Big 10 MVP, Heisman 5th place)
      2. JT Barrett (Big 10 MVP, Heisman 5th place)
      3. Cardale Jones (CFP Championship Game MVP)
      4. Dwayne Haskins (Big 10 MVP, Heisman 3rd place, Greatest season in Big 10 history)
      5. Joe Burrow (SEC MVP, Heisman Trophy winner, Greatest season in SEC history)

6. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Haskins getting beat out by Barrett...

Haskins was clearly the better QB in 2017, but Meyer, being Meyer, went with his heart instead of his head and stuck with Barrett. And it almost certainly cost them a shot at the national championship after Barrett's meltdown in Iowa City..
    There are no strings on me

7. Collapse Details

That Jonathan Taylor, the best college RB of the last two (perhaps three) years was not even a finalist all those years is beyond belief.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

8. Collapse Details

Jazzy will be happy to know that I watched my only college football game of the year yesterday - Army-Navy. Now that's a game that truly means something, as opposed to things like Auburn-Alabama and the like.

9. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    That Jonathan Taylor, the best college RB of the last two (perhaps three) years was not even a finalist all those years is beyond belief.
    equally beyond belief is this:

<<Burrow was named on 95.5% of all ballots>>

the 4.5% people should lose their right to vote

10. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    Jazzy will be happy to know that I watched my only college football game of the year yesterday - Army-Navy. Now that's a game that truly means something, as opposed to things like Auburn-Alabama and the like.
    60+ years ago Army-Navy was the Super Bowl of its era...

I don't know that it means any more than any other classic rivalry these days.... I can't remember the last time I watched it.