Facts, Not Fiction

Thread: '19 Paris DL

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wiederganger View Post
    I've noticed in a lot of your posts you're very anti Schippers. No comment on World silver medalist TaLou, who only beat her by 1/100th, or that she beat the Americans?

Let's see how she does in Doha, but yep, she's behind at the moment.
    In actual fact I consider my posts realistic rather than anti-anything. In actual fact of the recent crop of athletes she is my favourite athlete behind SMU. However, the fact I like an athlete or club or team does not stop me being critical and my posts about her are actually a frustration that she is so far from where I hoped she would be after that 2015 season.

2. Collapse Details

Just wondering - how hard is it to rearrange lane draws at these meets. A bit of my OCD playing out but it always gets to me when am athlete not in lane 1 withdraws and you have an empty lane on one of the outer lanes like in the men's 200m. If it really impossible to have moved the athlete in lane 1 or 2 out there?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    A big of clueless announcing. The NBC SportsGold guys talked about what a great crowd it was. Almost full, they said, totally ignoring the fact that the entire upper deck along the home straight was closed off and consisted entirely of empty seats.
    I think that upper deck is brand new and might not be open yet?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
    Just wondering - how hard is it to rearrange lane draws at these meets. A bit of my OCD playing out but it always gets to me when am athlete not in lane 1 withdraws and you have an empty lane on one of the outer lanes like in the men's 200m. If it really impossible to have moved the athlete in lane 1 or 2 out there?
    I'm the same way OCD wise. It's super annoying seeing that (eg. WC 2017 Mens 400 Final)

5. Collapse Details

Also, I haven't kept up with the Mens 110 Hurdles season. Was Shubenkov injured for most of this season? his performance threw me off. Looked like someone that ran his 1st race of the season.

6. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Shubenkov stumbled and fell across the line in winning in Rabat back in June. this was his first race since then.

7. Collapse Details

Solid win and time for Roberts. Good sign for Doha.

Holloway looks as though he has everything going forward over the first few hurdles. Then it seems he starts landing with his weight not quite right and loses momentum.

8. Collapse Details

I'm now convinced we are never going to get the 2015 Schippers back.
    In 2014, the year of her last heptathlon, she ran 22.03 in the 200m. She hasn't done better than that since 2016. Maybe she'll get back her 200m speed if she goes back to training for the hep!

9. Collapse Details

Pacemaking in the 800 is getting ever more ridiculous.

Brandon McBride followed the pacer through 400 in about 49.2, with others close behind. Thinking of trying to run a world record were you, Brandon?

Then a bunch of 1:58 women went through in 56.x ! These are athletes most of whom can only run a 400 flat-out in 53-high or 54-low. Why put yourself in oxygen debt so soon like that?

10. Collapse Details

I'm now convinced we are never going to get the 2015 Schippers back.
    I wish we would, but to me it was obvious long before this year. And I am a bit skeptical of the Jamaican times in their nationals. When I see a couple of 10.72s at worlds I'll believe it, but we won't.