Facts, Not Fiction

Thread: '19 Paris DL

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
  1. Collapse Details

Welcome back!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Seyni seems to be doing something close to that.
    I'm trying to remember remarkable home stretch finishes.
    Felix had remarkable home stretch finishes both at 2015 USATF and 2016 Olympic Trials. In 2016, she ran the third 100 conservatively to save her ankle. So she still had a positive split in spite of tremendous last 100. (I think her 2015 split was also positive, although I don't think I actually saw the numbers.)

Semenya might have had a negative split in 2016 Brussels race. I remember someone describing it as "sit and kick" on this board.

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Felix at '16 OT: (24.2/25.5)

'15 USATF: (24.6/25.6)

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by wamego relays champ View Post
    What a mTJ! Taylor took the lead momentarily in round 4 from Claye with 17.49 (57-4), then Claye took it back with 17.71 (58-1). Then in Round 5 Taylor went 17.82 (58-5) and Claye responded with 18.06 (59-3)!
    And Taylor looked like his narrow foul was 18+ (but maybe not 18.06, especially subtracting the several cms over the line.)
    Last edited by 26mi235; 08-27-2019 at 03:07 AM. Reason: missing )

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trickstat View Post
    In a truly fair world it really shouldn't and the athlete going into lane 2 probably should on paper be a lesser performer than the original occupant of lane 7. However, I wouldn't be surprised if a particularly pushy agent of a 'star' might veto it.

I suspect what often tends to happen is that the time between the withdrawal being confirmed and the race is insufficient for a change in lane draw to be agreed to by the representatives of the big names.
    Moving someone in an Invite is one thing; for me doing so in a Championship event is definitely a no-no.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tvarish View Post
    To me she looks too big. What would be her prospects if she returned to the heptathlon. BTW, im back. Its been 10 or so years since I posted. Glad to see most of you still here.
    Welcome back.
    Schippers isn't actually as big as she was last season. In 2017-18, under Reider, her neck, traps and shoulders were huge. From what I gather, he pushed and pushed her in the weights room, because she was able to take the loads. It was obviously detrimental to her performances though. It's good to see her getting back to a more athletic shape.*
    As for the heptathlon, her knee and back issues in the jumps meant she was never going to fulfil her potential there. I'm pretty sure she's done with multi events now.

*I noticed how powerful Carina Horn looked at the Madrid meeting. She's always had a good musculature, but this season her upper body looks bigger than ever. It seems to be working for her though.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    Felix at '16 OT: (24.2/25.5)

'15 USATF: (24.6/25.6)
    So she still had one second positive split, while leapfrogging everyone in the homestretch.

Here is the Semenya race from 2016. It's hard to tell the 200m split, but I guess it is about 25 flat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN0CBWefr9I