Facts, Not Fiction

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tuariki View Post
    As i understand it, if the testers were from the Athletics Integrity Unit they would not be in contact with USADA and possibly not even aware the US championships were on.

Guess we will know more early September
    I was referring to Christian Cantwell's situation (in the story linked in post #84), where one of his two missed tests in a year was when he was at the US indoor national championships and the tester showed up at his house. I haven't read or heard anything about Christian Coleman's case being similar to that.

The Coleman story I've seen circulating is something like he gave a sample to USADA at the designated location within the predetermined one-hour window, then left the area thinking that was it for testing, only to have WADA separately show up looking for him after he left.

Then, as the story goes, they called him, he turned around and made his way back to the location, but when he arrived it was outside the one-hour window so they counted it as a missed test.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    That's exactly my point. Entry in a national championship event gives the testers access to the entrant which is why I believe it should count as a whereabout notification. Not only does USADA/WADA share information with national governing bodies, but in the case of USATF, entry status for national championship events is publicly available on its website.
    Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    The Coleman story I've seen circulating is something like he gave a sample to USADA at the designated location within the predetermined one-hour window, then left the area thinking that was it for testing, only to have WADA separately show up looking for him after he left.

Then, as the story goes, they called him, he turned around and made his way back to the location, but when he arrived it was outside the one-hour window so they counted it as a missed test.
    So if they share information there's the possibility they can still do this? Or might WADA find some reason to say that's not good enough in this case?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    So if they share information there's the possibility they can still do this? Or might WADA find some reason to say that's not good enough in this case?
    Maybe they're not sharing information in real time. If there's a 1-day lag for data sharing, they could be unaware of each other's testing plans for a given athlete until the day after the scheduled test.

4. Collapse Details

Maybe they're not sharing information in real time. If there's a 1-day lag for data sharing, they could be unaware of each other's testing plans for a given athlete until the day after the scheduled test.
    I don't see why there would be any lag time in an athlete's entry status for national championship events.

5. Collapse Details

I don't see why there would be any lag time in an athlete's entry status for national championship events.
    As I mentioned above, I don't think Coleman's situation has anything to do with being at a national championship. It was Cantwell who was in that situation.

According to the circulating story, Coleman's case is apparently one of USADA and WADA both seeking to test him on the same day in the same one-hour window, and he left the area after giving a sample for one of them, thinking that his testing obligation was complete, without being aware that the other was looking for him.

6. Collapse Details

As I mentioned above, I don't think Coleman's situation has anything to do with being at a national championship. It was Cantwell who was in that situation.

According to the circulating story, Coleman's case is apparently one of USADA and WADA both seeking to test him on the same day in the same one-hour window, and he left the area after giving a sample for one of them, thinking that his testing obligation was complete, without being aware that the other was looking for him.
    If that's all it is, it seems like a phone call this afternoon could sort it out. Why have a hearing?

7. Collapse Details

Administrator
    none of which explains the (if true) stupidity of missing 2 other tests

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    none of which explains the (if true) stupidity of missing 2 other tests
    Seems like there are a lot of trick-f*cks in the system. I hope we get explanations on all three misses (not that we are owed any).

9. Collapse Details

He didn't admit when he was caught, he only admitted doping long after the fact.
    https://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/be...any-wrongdoing
    It wasn't "long" after, it was during the Dubin Inquiry which was less than a year later. My point is that the whole crew -- Johnson, his training partners, Charlie Francis, etc... -- pulled back the curtain and fessed up to everything. I don't recall anyone else doing so since, in the face of overwhelming evidence.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    If that's all it is, it seems like a phone call this afternoon could sort it out. Why have a hearing?
    I suspect that once that process gets to a certain point, it can't be aborted with a phone call. That's not the same as a hearing.