Facts, Not Fiction

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    It wasn't "long" after, it was during the Dubin Inquiry which was less than a year later. My point is that the whole crew -- Johnson, his training partners, Charlie Francis, etc... -- pulled back the curtain and fessed up to everything. I don't recall anyone else doing so since, in the face of overwhelming evidence.
    A year later is not immediate in my book. Plenty of athletes have fessed up after the fact, including many cyclists, Alex Rodriguez, and Kelli White to name a few. The baseball player I'm thinking of fessed immediately after his test results were announced.

2. Collapse Details

It wasn't "long" after, it was during the Dubin Inquiry which was less than a year later. My point is that the whole crew -- Johnson, his training partners, Charlie Francis, etc... -- pulled back the curtain and fessed up to everything. I don't recall anyone else doing so since, in the face of overwhelming evidence.
    Maybe no athlete or coach has done so, but Victor Conte (BALCO) certainly did so.

3. Collapse Details

Less than 6 months later.

https://archive.macleans.ca/article/...ach-under-fire

4. Collapse Details

Administrator
    ... My point is that the whole crew -- Johnson, his training partners, Charlie Francis, etc... -- pulled back the curtain and fessed up to everything. I don't recall anyone else doing so since, in the face of overwhelming evidence.
    has anyone else, before or since, ever faced the pressure of a full-on government inquiry?

5. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    has anyone else, before or since, ever faced the pressure of a full-on government inquiry?
    George Hincapie, Tyler Hamilton. Floyd Landis, etc, etc(x11)
    There are no strings on me

6. Collapse Details

Not sure, but if that's what it takes to get results, maybe there should be more of those.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    George Hincapie, Tyler Hamilton. Floyd Landis, etc, etc(x11)
    Yep, no sport has had more mea culpa's than cycling, many given voluntarily without the weight of the criminal justice system hanging over their heads (eg. Jonathan Vaughters, Bjarne Riis, Erik Zabel, etc.).
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 08-25-2019 at 06:01 PM.

8. Collapse Details

Baseball in the US.

Also isn't that why Marion Jones went to jail? for lying during official investigation

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by americantrackfan View Post
    Baseball in the US.

Also isn't that why Marion Jones went to jail? for lying during official investigation
    Has anyone ever faced such pressure and came clean without all the lies?

10. Collapse Details

From the Gleaner/Ato B

High-profile track and field analyst Ato Boldon believes that sprinter Christian Coleman, who allegedly missed three drug tests in 12 months, will be vindicated before the IAAF World Championships next month.

..“I think it is very premature to expect that Christian is not going to be at Doha because the more I investigate the situation, the more I believe that he will be in Doha
    http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...be-doha-boldon