Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Master403 View Post
    Whereabout failures can cover a range of administrative errors, not limited to missed drug tests.

https://www.usada.org/what-are-whereabouts-failures/
    Actually, according to that web page, those "administrative errors" are all considered Filing Failures. And, as the page points out:

>>Any cumulation of three Missed Tests or Filing Failures in a 12-month period can result in a potential ADRV and a period of ineligibility of up to two years for a first violation.<<

2. Collapse Details

What to say about a rising star who is already damaging a reputation by missing drug tests? Not too smart.

3. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    I think if I was a world class athlete subject to random testing, I would just have a locator chip implanted under my skin, so they could find me anytime, Orwell be damned.
    "A few hours ago, we recorded a podcast on “How to cheat at sports and get away with it”. Semi-jokingly, I made a list of 7 principles of cheating. And number 1 - “Don’t take a test you know you won’t pass”. That’s why missed tests matter. They bypass an antidoping foundation."

https://mobile.twitter.com/Scienceof...36007183806465

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    I think if I was a world class athlete subject to random testing, I would just have a locator chip implanted under my skin, so they could find me anytime, Orwell be damned.
    I remember an interview (Christian Taylor?) about how friggin' hard it is to keep the Pee Police notified of last-minute changes in your itinerary. The gist of it was that could be TRYING to be good and still pop a 'missed-test' infraction.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I remember an interview (Christian Taylor?) about how friggin' hard it is to keep the Pee Police notified of last-minute changes in your itinerary. The gist of it was that could be TRYING to be good and still pop a 'missed-test' infraction.
    "So anti-doping asks athletes, not unreasonably, to inform them of where they’ll be - it’s onerous, but is a disincentive and an inconvenience the athlete has to accept. To make it easier, athletes can literally text a location update at any time (via @karagoucher)"

https://mobile.twitter.com/Scienceof...36007183806465

6. Collapse Details

ESPN now echoing the same report. Sources still not clear.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    To make it easier, athletes can literally text a location update at any time (via @karagoucher)"
    But . . . as I vaguely remember . . . you have to do it well in advance, so any desire to live a spontaneous life, where you follow your bliss or react to real-world scenarios - is out the window.

8. Collapse Details

Vaguely remember? In other words you don't know....

9. Collapse Details

But . . . as I vaguely remember . . . you have to do it well in advance, so any desire to live a spontaneous life, where you follow your bliss or react to real-world scenarios - is out the window.
    Reality is they're not contacted every day. They wanted to be "stars" so be grateful for the talent and accept the accompanying responsibility. To behave otherwise is childish.

10. Collapse Details

As is mentioned in post #15, athletes can change their whereabouts by sending a text message to the ADAMS system. Athletes do this all the time.