Facts, Not Fiction

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by AFelixFan View Post
    A number of athletes on Twitter don't seem to be pleased with this decision.
    Not surprising....

Is the issue that the policy allows the athlete to record a whereabouts failure at any time in the quarter (Q2 in this case), but to assign it to April 1? Irrespective of when it happens, the athlete can record a failure in 3 months and funnel it all backwards to one day? Nuts

https://mobile.twitter.com/Scienceof...97479769759747

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by reggaeirie1234 View Post
    Easier to fight IAAF than USADA??? Where?? When?? How?? Christian Coleman will be in Doha because of USADA. Minor hiccup.
    Lmfaoo.

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    I would think the British will be quite happy with this decision: gives them a new villain to boo with the impending retirement of Gatlin :-)

4. Collapse Details

Of course we would prefer having no one to boo but US sprinters are the gift that keeps on giving.

Does anyone think this ruling makes any sense?

5. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumpy View Post
    Does anyone think this ruling makes any sense?
    can be viewed 2 ways:

1. it makes perfect sense because it followed WADA rules and that should be the case.

2. it makes no sense because the WADA rule is inexplicable and never should have been written that way. (Maybe we're all missing some arcane bit of logic?)

6. Collapse Details

I haven't read the previous 17 pages of discussion on this topic but here's my 2 cents worth:

- If a Russian or Kenyan athlete had been cleared in similar fashion questions would be raised and rightly so.
    - Surely a professional athlete (and/or his agents/managers) would have the organisational skills to keep his/her whereabouts requirements up to date knowing the repercussions of not doing so?
    - I've always looked somewhat sideways at athletes coming through the NCAA system with it's lack of doping controls (in my mind I also associate this with the American Football training system with I suspect even less doping controls).
    - The whereabouts procedures were put in place for a reason and failure to adhere to them raises questions about the athlete involved.

Just some observations from little old NZ!!!

7. Collapse Details

This just looks like expensive lawyers getting involved and finding a loophole. Initially we were told the story about two testers turning up within the same hour for which I had some sympathy. It seemed like a reasonable mistake to make, but now they don't even seem to be suggesting there was any mitigating factors in missing the test they've just used some ridonculous technicality to get him off.

At least the poor masseuse wasn't blamed.

8. Collapse Details

I would like to remind our incredulous friends from the UK and Jamaica how vigorously they defended an exoneration of Big O and VCB.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

9. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumpy View Post
    This just looks like expensive lawyers getting involved and finding a loophole. Initially we were told the story about two testers turning up within the same hour for which I had some sympathy. .....
    you were led astray by somebody who misread the original citation on that story back in the early part of this thread: that happened to Christian Cantwell, not Christian Coleman.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    I would like to remind our incredulous friends from the UK and Jamaica how vigorously they defended an exoneration of Big O and VCB.
    Not only was the TBO case an entirely different set of circumstances but she GOT BANNED FOR 12 MONTHS!!!

Which was an entirely appropriate punishment. Nobody was arguing for exoneration. The argument was never that the punishment wasn't deserved more that she would only have received it from 1 other country at the time and in the US there wouldn't have even been a case to answer.

Seems times haven't changed all that much.