Facts, Not Fiction

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    you were led astray by somebody who misread the original citation on that story back in the early part of this thread: that happened to Christian Cantwell, not Christian Coleman.
    I see. I did read all that but thought the Cantwell confusion was about competing at Indoor Trials not the 2 missed tests on same day which I read as being Coleman.

I stand corrected.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by nztrackfan View Post
    - If a Russian or Kenyan athlete had been cleared in similar fashion questions would be raised and rightly so.
    Or it happened but it didn't make the news, because if the testers involved knew the rules, they would understand the 3rd missed test in a similar circumstance wouldn't count as a 3rd miss that would trigger a ban, and it would have been treated just as quietly as the 1st and 2nd miss occurrences.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    you were led astray by somebody who misread the original citation on that story back in the early part of this thread: that happened to Christian Cantwell, not Christian Coleman.
    The story I saw circulating about two different testing bodies showing up in the same hour was about Coleman.

It's possible that both that story and backdating to the 1st day of the quarter are true; but once the latter is established, it's no longer necessary for Coleman's team to argue over the former.

Cantwell had a situation where a tester showed up at his house when he was at nationals; that was his 2nd miss, as described in an article from 2011, linked in post #84 of this thread. He did not have a 3rd miss in the applicable time frame.
    Last edited by 18.99s; 09-03-2019 at 01:00 AM.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Flumpy View Post
    Of course we would prefer having no one to boo
    Haha!!! Liar, liar, pants on fire!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Flumpy View Post
    Not only was the TBO case an entirely different set of circumstances but she GOT BANNED FOR 12 MONTHS!!!

Which was an entirely appropriate punishment. Nobody was arguing for exoneration. The argument was never that the punishment wasn't deserved more that she would only have received it from 1 other country at the time and in the US there wouldn't have even been a case to answer.

Seems times haven't changed all that much.
    I worded it incorrectly. I am talking about Big O's fans defending her vigorously.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

6. Collapse Details

May have missed it but, has Coleman ever said why he missed the other two tests?

7. Collapse Details

I’m glad that he is cleared to run.

8. Collapse Details

It would be funny if it wasnt so ridiculous.
    So we'll now see someone who missed tests and another who took a diuretic from am obscure, random brand in Doha. How lovely!

Once again, some interesting thoughts on the matter from Renee Anne Shirley.

Oh and comparing TBO and Colemans case is not appropriate.

9. Collapse Details

My understanding, possibly wrong, is that the current rule has always been for a period of slightly longer than a year because of when a first failure occurs. Note that this rule also makes it harder on the athlete because the quasi-year starts with the failure rather than being a fixed calendar year. For those citing what would happen and what would people think if this were in Russia or Jamaica or ..., my current understanding (again, possibly flawed) is this really has nothing to do with any country etc. it is how the rule actually works. So, he never had a ban-able offense, just someone thought that he did.

10. Collapse Details

To quote Shakespeare - much ado about nothing