Facts, Not Fiction

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    During the Brussels DL press conference, Reese, Lyles and Thiam all spoke openly about how they have missed tests before (Norman noted he has had close calls) and about the "annoying" process of testing in general.
    Just not 3 misses in a year.

Look, for sure the system has flaws and from the article produced by Coleman's team, USADA made mistakes. As I read the article, it appears that Coleman made more mistakes regarding whereabouts. Even if he could schedule a test at a different location (i.e. Drake), that for of ruins the importance of the spontaneity of a random test.

2. Collapse Details

Coleman drops a 22 minute video on his feelings about the whole situation...
    https://youtu.be/P129CyLKy40

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Just not 3 misses in a year.

Look, for sure the system has flaws and from the article produced by Coleman's team, USADA made mistakes. As I read the article, it appears that Coleman made more mistakes regarding whereabouts. Even if he could schedule a test at a different location (i.e. Drake), that for of ruins the importance of the spontaneity of a random test.
    Random drug tests have become so important that athletes cannot travel to compete in track meets? I don't understand your comment.

The relevant 126-page document is here. I only recommend it as a cure for insomnia.

https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/defau...019_en_new.pdf

An excerpt containing some of the guidance to athletes who travel to a meet:

I.3.3 As the sole exception to Article I.3.2, if (but only if) there are dates in the relevant quarter in which the Athlete is scheduled to compete in an Event (excluding any Events organized by a Major Event Organization), and the Anti-Doping Organization that put the Athlete into the Registered Testing Pool is satisfied that enough information is available from other sources to find the Athlete for Testing on those dates, then the Anti-Doping Organization that put the Athlete into the Registered Testing Pool may waive the Article I.3.2 requirement to specify a 60-minute time-slot in respect of such dates ("In-Competition Dates"). If each of the International Federation and a National Anti-Doping Organization put the Athlete into its Registered Testing Pool, the International Federationís decision as to whether to waive that requirement in respect of In-Competition Dates will prevail. If the requirement to specify a 60-minute time slot has been waived in respect of In-Competition Dates, and the Athlete has specified in his/her Whereabouts Filing a series of dates on which he/she anticipates being In-Competition (and as a result has not specified a 60-minute time slot for those dates), if he/she is then knocked out of the Competition before the end of those dates, so that the remaining dates are no longer In-Competition Dates, he/she must update his/her Whereabouts Filing to provide all the necessary information for those dates, including the 60-minute time slot specified in Article I.3.2.

4. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Interesting thread....a sort of how to guide....

https://mobile.twitter.com/Scienceof...21669356019714

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post

Interesting thread, indeed, but don't forget point 7:

>>Ok those are only semi-serious,. . . <<

(I don't have time to listen to the podcast.)

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post

A guide that I imagine many believe is part of Coleman’s personal book collection, and one that is oft consulted.

7. Collapse Details

So is he running in Doha or not? Front page article says Coleman talks about his suspension. What is his status?

8. Collapse Details

His suspension was lifted and is a thing of the past. He's running.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    His suspension was lifted and is a thing of the past. He's running.
    It'll be interesting to see if the stress of the hoopla got in his head.
    I feel he's still the fave for the 100, but with Lyles, DeG, and Gul all looking good, he may not 'podium' the 200.
    We sure need him on the relay.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Master403 View Post
    Random drug tests have become so important that athletes cannot travel to compete in track meets? I don't understand your comment.
    I never wrote that.

What I meant was that he could and should have made USADA aware of the fact that he was at Drake. To expect that he can request a test at Drake in place of the one he missed while USADA was waiting at his home (based on him telling them he would be home) is not acceptable.

That is my understanding of one of the missed tests from the article the his management team wrote.

I'm not saying CC used anything illegal and I really hope he never has. However, the story his team wrote and his video don't mean much to me in terms of explaining why he really didn't miss 3 tests in a year, when to me he did miss three in a 365 day period. Clearly, though, WADA and USADA don't feel there is a good case against him, and that's good enough for me.