Facts, Not Fiction

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

WADA has decided not to appeal the USADA decision. Story linked on front page.

2. Collapse Details

The IAAF's Athletics Integrity Unit has also decided not to appeal. Story linked on front page.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    the iaaf's athletics integrity unit
    hahaha!

4. Collapse Details

The IAAF's Athletics Integrity Unit has also decided not to appeal. Story linked on front page.
    So they know how to read the rules?

5. Collapse Details

I think they also need an interpretation / competence unit

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tuariki View Post
    I think they also need an interpretation / competence unit
    I think that their attorneys read the rules and gave them a little competence. They would not have had the misconceptions about what they thought the rules would be to mislead them. Clearly, repeatedly implying that this is a doping violation is willfully attacking a top athlete that has not committed a doping violation and for whom there is no evidence of any doping. You seem to want us to be calling him a doper because you think that the April 'miss' should count even though he was at a meet where he is likely to get tested (and multiple elements also work against that as a violation). Just stop.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    I think that their attorneys read the rules and gave them a little competence. They would not have had the misconceptions about what they thought the rules would be to mislead them. Clearly, repeatedly implying that this is a doping violation is willfully attacking a top athlete that has not committed a doping violation and for whom there is no evidence of any doping. You seem to want us to be calling him a doper because you think that the April 'miss' should count even though he was at a meet where he is likely to get tested (and multiple elements also work against that as a violation). Just stop.
    Sucks for Coleman. They read the rule wrong and he cant compete in the diamond league final. Loses out on $50k

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Jshapco2 View Post
    Sucks for Coleman. They read the rule wrong and he cant compete in the diamond league final. Loses out on $50k
    As 26 noted earlier, that $50k might be small change relative to the long term loss from his reputation being tainted.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Go stop yourself.

I have never said that Coleman was a doper. What I have said is that he missed 3 tests in a 12 month period.

And while that doesn't make him a doper, it sure as hell in my books makes him a dope.

10. Collapse Details

During the Brussels DL press conference, Reese, Lyles and Thiam all spoke openly about how they have missed tests before (Norman noted he has had close calls) and about the "annoying" process of testing in general.