Facts, Not Fiction

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Having read AA's commentary I strongly recommend you do so; if you are commenting now without having read it you basically should not have a seat at the table because you are not in the possession of all the facts and the facts are not what many were assuming.

I think that the April 26 'failure' is not actually a failure (they showed up at the wrong place almost 8 hours early and Coleman had updated his wearabouts). [a part of the USADA's problem is here but there is much more]

-------Coleman’s One-Hour Window That Day Was 7:30-830 P.M. At His New Residence. He Also Let It Be Known That He Would Be Reachable At A Training Facility From 2-5:30 P.M. At A Facility, Which Is Listed In Another State. There’s No Explaining How He Might Be In The Two Places. At Any Rate, The Usada Tester Showed Up At The Residence — But At 12:09 P.M.------
    You forgot to mention that he was at Drake, and from how the article is written, it sounds like he updated them about being in a third state via email after being informed that he missed a test.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    You forgot to mention that he was at Drake, and from how the article is written, it sounds like he updated them about being in a third state via email after being informed that he missed a test.
    If there are testers at the Drake meet, are they allowed to take a sample from Coleman, even though it's unscheduled?

3. Collapse Details

Having read AA's commentary I strongly recommend you do so; if you are commenting now without having read it you basically should not have a seat at the table because you are not in the possession of all the facts and the facts are not what many were assuming.
    Just read the article an its pretty disappointing this is the system athletes are working with.
    As Colemans Manager said:
    "...Christian is a fortunate athlete...so he was able to get by this...I donít know how many others would be able to do that. I think about them.Ē

4. Collapse Details

Something that many might not be aware of is that Coleman is much more likely to be subject to Whereabout issues than most, even almost all athletes. He has been tested at the rate of 24 per year. If a lessor athlete is tested two times, they cannot fail to be at the testing point three times. And even with, say, three tests, missing all of them is extremely unlikely. Using the observed failure rate this year it is 1 in 12, but since there were not issues in other years this likely greatly overstates his Whereabout Failure rate, so lets say it is 1 in 20. Now the likelihood of the athlete tested three times would miss three is (1/20)^3, or 1 in 8000. So saying all those other get it right is not really as strong an argument as it might appear. And I suspect that Coleman has a much more chaotic schedule than other athletes, making it more complicated to get all of his pieces in a row (and he is how old?), and he has not had as much time to learn yet... recently out college.

5. Collapse Details

Another issue with what USADA are saying and might say, I suspect that they are under fire by their attorneys to say absolutely nothing that might get used against them in a lawsuit for damages, which might get trebled due to reckless behavior. The cost to his reputation is likely in the millions of dollars, so are we looking at a $5,000,000 judgement, or are punitive damages also possible making it in the tens of millions? This was not a technicality and calling it that is a SMA move (but one that might cost them even more because some memos or emails about decisions may be discoverable. I suspect that eventually USADA will settle with Coleman, exonerate him more clearly, and not discuss a thing.

Yes, this is all almost stream-of-conscientious, but it does seem possible.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    But was that before the actual window for testing? Anything about that 8am test is irrelevant because it is not a test whatsoever. I do not remember the timeline but I think that the email preceded his test window and he was contacting USATF or USADA also.

7. Collapse Details

Something that many might not be aware of is that Coleman is much more likely to be subject to Whereabout issues than most, even almost all athletes. He has been tested at the rate of 24 per year. If a lessor athlete is tested two times, they cannot fail to be at the testing point three times. And even with, say, three tests, missing all of them is extremely unlikely. Using the observed failure rate this year it is 1 in 12, but since there were not issues in other years this likely greatly overstates his Whereabout Failure rate, so lets say it is 1 in 20. Now the likelihood of the athlete tested three times would miss three is (1/20)^3, or 1 in 8000. So saying all those other get it right is not really as strong an argument as it might appear. And I suspect that Coleman has a much more chaotic schedule than other athletes, making it more complicated to get all of his pieces in a row (and he is how old?), and he has not had as much time to learn yet... recently out college.
    I hadn't thought about it this way. True.

8. Collapse Details

Another issue with what USADA are saying and might say, I suspect that they are under fire by their attorneys to say absolutely nothing that might get used against them in a lawsuit for damages, which might get trebled due to reckless behavior. The cost to his reputation is likely in the millions of dollars, so are we looking at a $5,000,000 judgement, or are punitive damages also possible making it in the tens of millions? This was not a technicality and calling it that is a SMA move (but one that might cost them even more because some memos or emails about decisions may be discoverable. I suspect that eventually USADA will settle with Coleman, exonerate him more clearly, and not discuss a thing.

Yes, this is all almost stream-of-conscientious, but it does seem possible.
    True, true.

9. Collapse Details

But was that before the actual window for testing? Anything about that 8am test is irrelevant because it is not a test whatsoever. I do not remember the timeline but I think that the email preceded his test window and he was contacting USATF or USADA also.

Certainly possible. I'm always skeptical of an exoneration story written b the team of the person in question. This article, in particular, often made it difficult to follow a timeline and glossed over other issues that would seem important to clarify. That could just be poor writing, but it adds to my skepticism.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wiederganger View Post
    Oh and comparing TBO and Colemans case is not appropriate.
    Why???
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...