Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Christian Coleman [cleared by USADA]
    Apologies if this is premature and not allowed, no bad intentions here, just wanted to bring up news. I also don't see this on the front page yet either, but Coleman seems to have missed 3 drug tests in the past 12 months. Could be in a bit of trouble?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...ugs-tests.html
    Last edited by gh; 09-02-2019 at 06:31 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Online scuttlebutt is that someone's getting spanked hard real soon.

3. Collapse Details

So far, this has shown up on the web only on the Daily Mail site and a couple of others that simply cite the Daily Mail article. It's been out there for a few hours and I would imagine the wire services and the major dailies, here and in the UK, would be all over it trying to verify it and go with it. Hasn't happened yet. Stay tuned.

4. Collapse Details

I think if I was a world class athlete subject to random testing, I would just have a locator chip implanted under my skin, so they could find me anytime, Orwell be damned.

5. Collapse Details

Unless of course you donít want to be found. However third time around, Iíd also be damn sure they knew where I was.

6. Collapse Details

The Daily Mail story is now linked in the front page headline section here. The Telegraph, a mainstream UK paper, now has the story, but it just cites the Daily Mail story and has no new info.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    The Daily Mail story is now linked in the front page headline section here. The Telegraph, a mainstream UK paper, now has the story, but it just cites the Daily Mail story and has no new info.
    AP is running the story citing there own "sources". Of course they could be the same as the Daily Mail sources for all we know.

8. Collapse Details

Hoping we donít have to see the Dope Talk forum opened up again...

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by donley2 View Post
    AP is running the story citing there own "sources". Of course they could be the same as the Daily Mail sources for all we know.
    They may be the same sources, but it's very significant that the AP has spoken to them and deemed them reliable enough to run the story. Now it's not just the Daily Mail, about which Wiki sez:

>>In February 2017, the English Wikipedia banned the Daily Mail as an "unreliable source" to use as a reference in Wikipedia. Its use as a reference is now "generally prohibited, especially when other more reliable sources exist". . . Support for the ban centred on "the Daily Mail's reputation for poor fact checking, sensationalism, and flat-out fabrication"<<

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    Coleman seems to have missed 3 drug tests in the past 12 months. Could be in a bit of trouble?
    Whereabout failures can cover a range of administrative errors, not limited to missed drug tests.

https://www.usada.org/what-are-whereabouts-failures/