Facts, Not Fiction

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    but why am I getting the impression that the wave of judgement is already against him?
    Because this is T&F. no matter what the case is, your labeled a doper. Especially to the general public.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    The tacit [if] in that statement brings the presumption of innocence until the preponderance of evidence demonstrates otherwise. He may or may not be 'guilty', but why am I getting the impression that the wave of judgement is already against him?
    I guess, the way I see it, this isn't 2006, where Ohuruogu was caught by a system that was introduced that year (and only in the UK), that didn't have the update facility it does now, that was completely in it's infancy etc. No, this is 2019 and athletes should know what they need to do in terms of the process; are given the tools to update their whereabouts, and are fully aware 3 strikes and you're out.

There is of course a chance he is innocent, just particularly stupid. But I find that quite hard to believe. But you're right, it is possible.

Unfortunately, because of the climate we are in - and that list I posted above - the immediate reaction for many is 'guilty!'. Look at Thanou & Kenteris; they were cleared of faking the motorcycle crash, which implied their 3rd missed test wasn't intentional, but who believes that? From the get-go everyone thought they were guilty, and no one believes the legal ruling from the Greek Courts.
    Last edited by Wiederganger; 08-23-2019 at 01:52 PM.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    Because this is T&F. no matter what the case is, your labeled a doper. Especially to the general public.
    Can't blame the public for thinking so. I am also slightly skeptical of all great performances.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wiederganger View Post
    There is of course a chance he is innocent, just particularly stupid.
    Or completely innocent with the testers being the stupid ones. There have been stories of testers showing up at the wrong address and recording a missed test when nobody answered the door. Or showing up at the correct location but not finding an athlete (who was actually there) because they didn't look hard enough.

5. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    having personally been attacked by them, you'l excuse me if I beg to differ
    Oh dear....almost a badge of honor for some in Britain....it certainly is a crap tabloid...

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    Or completely innocent with the testers being the stupid ones. There have been stories of testers showing up at the wrong address and recording a missed test when nobody answered the door. Or showing up at the correct location but not finding an athlete (who was actually there) because they didn't look hard enough.
    Yeah....that is why you get 3.....with notifications after each one....

7. Collapse Details

If I were an athlete, one missed tezt would get my full attention, not to mention two. I find it hard to give athletes the benefit of the doubt in this day and age when they all know the consequences of 3 missed tests.

8. Collapse Details

Administrator
    I don't know if anybody mentioned this earlier, but let's suppose that the storyline as most popularly presented is correct. i.e., it's Coleman and he has 3 missed tests and he's contesting at least 1 of them.

Let's further suppose that he is vindicated.

Which leads to the $64,000 Question: is it likely there's any way this could all get adjudicated in time for him to compete in Doha, or is that almost assuredly now out the window?

9. Collapse Details

I dunno. I just know if I were a world class athlete, I would avoid any possiblility of this scenario,

10. Collapse Details

Wouldn't you contest the first 2 right away if there was some problem...did he just blow them off?... unless he didn't want to get tested....

Anyways it looks pretty bad....
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 08-23-2019 at 08:18 PM.