Facts, Not Fiction

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Rodgers ran his 48th race of the year (all events) to win the 100. That's a full schedule
    And he is on the USA Europe team AND will likely make the final in Doha.

2. Collapse Details

Note that the track was laid two days prior to the meet and had not yet hardened. As a result it was 'soft' and not particularly good for sprints, the jumps, and maybe even 800s.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Francis 51.02
    Felix 51.67 (looking logy)
    I think she did as expected i.e. finish a few meters behind Francis. Time-wise I wouldn't pay too much attention, it was a cool evening. Importantly she did beat Baumgart and Stepter, who have run 51.12 and 51.18 this season, so she beat faster girls on paper (in fairness to Stepter it was her 3rd race in a week though).

I'm not sure what the weather will be like in Minsk, but I imagine not great, so as with Zagreb, I wouldn't pay attention to the times and focus on positions and who she beats.

4. Collapse Details

Why would you assume Minsk is going to have bad weather? It's not Greenland, you know. They certainly get more real summer weather than the UK
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

5. Collapse Details

Administrator
    current projections for next Monday/Tuesday show highs of 76 and 73 with zero chance of rain.

6. Collapse Details

I noticed there's this strange stereotype in the West about the eastern part of Europe being ice-cold all year round. In fact, it simply has a more continental climate, so compared to places like the British Isles and Benelux it does have colder winters, but it also has proper summers.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    I noticed there's this strange stereotype in the West about the eastern part of Europe being ice-cold all year round. In fact, it simply has a more continental climate, so compared to places like the British Isles and Benelux it does have colder winters, but it also has proper summers.
    As you have already surmised, many (most?) Americans wallow in blissful ignorance of many parts of the world, and Eastern Europe is one of them . . . not only is it bleak and dreary there, it is all still very much in the shadow of a post-Soviet-but-still-Russian hegemony. And, oh yeah, it's all in crushing poverty with drab cities and colorless landscapes. Anyone who has ever visited these countries knows what vibrant, beautiful places they are. Oh well, it keeps the tourists away for the rest of us who love to visit (though it's been a while since I've had the opportunity).

8. Collapse Details

As you have already surmised, many (most?) Americans wallow in blissful ignorance of many parts of the world
    In my experience, 'tis the same all over the world, alas.

9. Collapse Details

I wouldn't want to spend a winter in many of these places, but then again I wouldn't want to spend a winter in the upper Midwest of the US either.

10. Collapse Details

As you have already surmised, many (most?) Americans wallow in blissful ignorance of many parts of the world, and Eastern Europe is one of them . . .
    The US is far away and that's somewhat more understandable, but Wiederganger is not American.