Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    It's about the likelihood of it happening. I think (of course I do!) my scenario is a little more doable.
    I guess it is more likely, as in 0.0001% vs 0.00001%
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by treadwater1 View Post
    Men’s 4x1 - not much to choose between US and GB. US with slightly greater foot speed on paper but don’t have a good record of getting the baton round. GB running extremely well, 2nd fastest time at the London DL, Gemili and Zharnel Hughes close to PB form. Extremely close between Canada, China, Japan for the minor medals

Men’s SP - Crouser, Walsh, Romani, Haratyk all throwing consistently. Bertemes, Kovacs and Hill all over 22m too, when was the last time that happened?
    Hmmm. Jamaica isn't even in the discussion for a medal in the Men's 4 x 100 Relay? Very interesting!!
    Last edited by TWalsh; 08-19-2019 at 04:50 PM.

3. Collapse Details

Interested to see what happens in the women's javelin. The level isn't as good as in some other events, but perhaps exactly because of that it's wide open and totally unpredictable.

Lu has been good all year but there's a lot of throwers who can beat her, they just lack the consistency so you never know who's going to deliver on game day. Plus, the comebacks of Kolak and Andrejczyk - are they ready to be medal contenders again?

4. Collapse Details

Andrejczyk's level of consistency is probably no worse than it was in 2016. Not saying that means she can do as well in Doha as she did in Rio, but you can't rule it out completely. But I'm hopeful she'll get better next year if she stays healthy. She's still just 23, so her best years could be yet to come.

5. Collapse Details

How do you correct a typo in the title?

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    How do you correct a typo in the title?
    You can't. Only the mods can do that.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

7. Collapse Details

After the 10,000 results in Nairobi, and with Ethiopia having three under 27, I have to add the 10s to my most-anticipated events. Of course, there's Ayana, too.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank

8. Collapse Details

Administrator
    and as of September?

9. Collapse Details

M 400h

10. Collapse Details

W400h- I thought Syd would be able to walk this one in by now based on her progression. "Not so fast" says Muhammad

M400h- Three years ago Clement won the Olympics. It looked less like a gold medal performance and more like a lifetime achievement award for someone with a career that didn't live up to the expectations of fans like me. At the very least it definitely looked like an event on the downslide in 2016. Thee short years later, how wrong I was. (Please note, I recognize any Olympic gold is an amazing achievement and will always view Clement as one the greats of the 400h)

mLJ and TJ- It's about time for a WR in one of these. Why not this year?

mJT- Thought it was Rohler, then Vetter, then Hoffman who was "The Man" over the past few seasons. This year, every meet, someone else stands out. Who's turn will it be come Doha?

m200- I have a hope, perhaps more a fantasy, that Lyles can run sooo fast he can tempt Bolt out of retirement for an epic sub-19sec showdown in Tokyo!