Facts, Not Fiction

Thread: Doha WRs

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Wouldn't it be something if the decathlon 1500 was faster than the men's 1500....after all the ParaOlympic guy did...

2. Collapse Details

per the IAAF Doha Stat book, linked to front page, regarding mixed 4x400:

"The IAAF Council agreed that the inaugural world record will be the first performance to better the recognised world best performance at December 31, 2017, which was 3:13.20 United States (Kyle Clemons (M), Claudia Francis (W), James Harris (M), Phyllis Francis (W)) Philadelphia 29 Jul 16.

The one mark quicker than that, 3:11.89 Bahrain, (Ali Khamis (M), Kemi Adekoya (W), Salwa Eid Naser (W), Abbas Abbas (M)) Jakarta 28 Aug 18, could not be ratified as no doping control was performed, and in any case Adekoya failed an earlier test at the same meeting (subject to appeal as at July 31, 2019)"

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Wouldn't it be something if the decathlon 1500 was faster than the men's 1500....after all the ParaOlympic guy did...
    I think the 1500 winning time for the men will be in the 3:34 range. You have a few guys in that race that aren't afraid to push the pace. IMO, the race will be more like the 2017 WC Final, and less like the 2016 OG.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TWalsh View Post
    I think the 1500 winning time for the men will be in the 3:34 range. You have a few guys in that race that aren't afraid to push the pace. IMO, the race will be more like the 2017 WC Final, and less like the 2016 OG.
    I hope TCher realizes that JInge and Centro can beat him in a kick and goes out like a madman. I detest tactical races (tho I loved Centro's Rio win!). I want Pre's tests of character; who's got the guts to go out hard and survive for the win.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I hope TCher realizes that JInge and Centro can beat him in a kick and goes out like a madman. I detest tactical races (tho I loved Centro's Rio win!). I want Pre's tests of character; who's got the guts to go out hard and survive for the win.
    In 2016, Centro trained all year for the Olympic Final to be a very slow pace, followed by a 50-51 second last 400m. This year, Centro is training like the Final will be honest. We will see if he gets it right again.

6. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortius19 View Post
    per the IAAF Doha Stat book, linked to front page, regarding mixed 4x400:

"The IAAF Council agreed that the inaugural world record will be the first performance to better the recognised world best performance at December 31, 2017, which was 3:13.20 United States (Kyle Clemons (M), Claudia Francis (W), James Harris (M), Phyllis Francis (W)) Philadelphia 29 Jul 16.....
    name of team should be TrackTown Philadelphia, and the site was Eugene

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TWalsh View Post
    In 2016, Centro trained all year for the Olympic Final to be a very slow pace, followed by a 50-51 second last 400m. This year, Centro is training like the Final will be honest. We will see if he gets it right again.
    Even Pre would have respected that.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    2017 was a "tactical" race executed to near perfection. Manangoi and Cheruiyot employed the best tactic to assure themselves 1-2 finish. They were not trying to show they had more guts than the rest.

9. Collapse Details

I think m/w400H and decathlon WRs could be in jeopardy in Doha.
    The question is how many meet records will be broken?
    I predict ten!

I personally like world championship and even Olympics in September. One problem with our beloved sport is that it ends too early. It is boring to wait 4 months to the early January when limited indoor competition starts.

Good bye summer and hello Fall (2019 world championship).

10. Collapse Details

Both 400mh are in jeopardy from multiple people. Hope Samba is fit and ready. Both TJ in trouble but the stadium is said to be windless. I think CT, Claye and PPP could break JE's longstanding 60' (18.29) from 1995. Rojas could remove Kravets but may need wind. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ricketts over 15 as well. MSP just no. MDT nah. M4x4 next year. USA no competition this year. Mixed IDGAF. W4x100m maybe if not for Brianna's problems could have challenged. If Jonielle Smith and Natalliah Whyte get into sub 11 form outside chance with good baton changes. I would frontload SAFP to ET and catch me if you can, Natalliah on 3rd and Jonielle to anchor. Deca if Mayer wants it. M400 may go but most likely next year esp if WVN comes back to form.
    why don't people pronounce vowels anymore