Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    How much should the world's biggest island be worth?
    President Trump Eyes a New Real-Estate Purchase: Greenland

The idea of the U.S. purchasing Greenland has captured the former real-estate developer’s imagination, according to people familiar with the discussions, who said Mr. Trump has, with varying degrees of seriousness, repeatedly expressed interest in buying the ice-covered autonomous Danish territory between the North Atlantic and Arctic oceans.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by xw View Post
    President Trump Eyes a New Real-Estate Purchase: Greenland
    It's a no-brainer. In just a few short decades it will be a sub-tropical paradise!

3. Collapse Details

Shouldn’t we at least annex Canada first before trying to take Greenland?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Merner521 View Post
    Shouldn’t we at least annex Canada first before trying to take Greenland?
    Perhaps lease with an option to buy?

5. Collapse Details

Plenty of opportunities for Greenland all-comers records when they host their first Diamond League meet.

6. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    It's a no-brainer. In just a few short decades it will be a sub-tropical paradise!
    How in the world Russia sold the US all of Alaska for effectively what is today less than 1 billion is beyond me. If I didnt know better, Id swear that a monarch that sold that much territory for that little money was destined to be overthrown within 50 years!

7. Collapse Details

I hope someone remembers before they make and offer that Greenland is the icy one and Iceland is kinda greenish.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    How in the world Russia sold the US all of Alaska for effectively what is today less than 1 billion is beyond me. If I didnt know better, Id swear that a monarch that sold that much territory for that little money was destined to be overthrown within 50 years!
    Maybe they figured they already had enough cold places??? It does seem like quite a bargain, still. lol

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    The monarch who did that was assassinated in 1881. It was his grandson who was overthrown in 1917.

10. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Oh dear.....

On Thursday, the Wall Street Journal reported that President Trump has repeatedly expressed interest in buying Greenland. Trump is reportedly interested in the territory’s national resources and usefulness to the U.S. military.

But there’s something lurking beneath Greenland’s icy surface that Trump may want to know about: toxic nuclear waste, left over from the Cold War, that may be exposed by climate change that is melting ice at a rapid rate.

What’s more, the United States may owe Denmark — the country Trump would presumably have to make a deal with to buy Greenland — money to pay for the environmental cleanup.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit....co/0NIRIMtw5D