Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

That is very surprising as Sweden is dead last with 27 points up to the 7th spot. Sthl, Kinsey, Roos, Kramer and Berglund are yet to compete though.

Ngarambe won, as advertised(by me), but the rest was a complete struggle. Lindh finished 10th(!) in the 800m, Bengtsson only managed 4.46 in the pole. The women's 4x1 had a last minute reserve that probably cost five places considering how close the times were. It's gonna be frustrating if that's the difference between staying or not.

Poland should win this now.

2. Collapse Details

Poland are the favourites now, but were it not for France's DQ in m4x1, it would be very tight. And it still could be if France continues to overperform, especially with any slip-ups by the Poles (like Kszczot's DQ after his win in 2017).
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

3. Collapse Details

Expecting a good battle between Ukraine and Czechia for staying in the Super League.

4. Collapse Details

Relegating Russia all the way to Div 2 (in fact a third tier - teams 21-32) makes that group's competition quite a farce.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

5. Collapse Details

Poland scored a very clear win in the end. The team was obviously inspired by competing on home ground and didn't really have a single major disappointment the whole weekend.

Germany bounced back after a poor showing on Saturday to take second, and France took third by just half a point from the surprisingly strong Italian team. UK were very close, too, but with a DNS in the final m4x4 ended up some way behind in 5th.

Ukraine won the battle for 7th place ahead of Czech Republic. Sweden gained ground today, but not enough to have a real chance.

6. Collapse Details

Portugal gained promotion to the Super League, but I can't see them being competitive against the major countries in 2021.

7. Collapse Details

Very disappointed I couldn't come to the meet. It was everything I hoped it would be watching on internet. Brilliant performance by the Poles!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    Relegating Russia all the way to Div 2 (in fact a third tier - teams 21-32) makes that group's competition quite a farce.
    And the fact that they count only post-2009 results as Championship records, is an utter farce.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pakilo View Post
    And the fact that they count only post-2009 results as Championship records, is an utter farce.
    I agree, I would count previous ones too, but technically it is a separate event, it is mixed and the old euro cup wasn’t.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Portugal gained promotion to the Super League, but I can't see them being competitive against the major countries in 2021.

Can they beat Ukraine though, Powell?

I’ve heard Ukraine have bid to host the next edition (in Kyiv).