Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    ETC 2019 Super League, Bydgoszcz
    The competition starts on Friday, with mostly just heats in the sprints, but also two final events - wDT and mJT.

TIMETABLE

The entry lists are available HERE

In a SB-based simulation GER comes out on top, but with POL not too far behind, a home team win is completely possible.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

2. Collapse Details

Hoping we have a little home facility advantage. The facility is very good and should produce some outstanding performances! I've been eager to find out if there have been any last minute changes from the initial entry list on the European Athletics website.

3. Collapse Details

Just noticed the EAA is restructuring it again. :roll: It's going to be 8 teams Super League, again.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Marcinkiewicz View Post
    Hoping we have a little home facility advantage. The facility is very good and should produce some outstanding performances! I've been eager to find out if there have been any last minute changes from the initial entry list on the European Athletics website.
    Sweden changed from Claudia Payton to Daniella Busk in the w100m and as a consequence also from Payton to Moa Hjelmer in the w4x1.

--

The Swedish team is more or less the strongest available, but some are missing. Mondo Duplantis is focusing on a training period now after competing a lot early in the year, but Melker Svärd Jacobsson is a good backup. Junior star Tilde Johansson had a cold after Euro U20 and also needed a little break in competition, so Erika Kinsey will make the HJ/LJ double. Khaddi Sagnia of course is injured since earlier. Since Johansson and Sagnia are also among the best if not the best 100m hurdlers, and Vesterlund is also missing, that event probably suffers even more.

Rest of the women's side looks as it should based on this summer. Unfortunately a side with a lot of weaknesses, the sprints are simply not good, the throwing events are up and down and as Fougberg has transitioned to marathon there's a hole to fill in the steeple. Lahti is longterm injured and Bahta suspended so the long distance races are also suffering a bit in quality. However, look out for Yolanda Ngarambe who has won several 2.02/4.07 800/1500 races this year but has no problems competing up 5000. She will be running in the 3000 here, and I think she will give Reh a run for her money. Mainstays like Kinsey, Lindh, Hermansson, Bengtsson and Roos need to deliver.

At the men's side U20 gold medallist Carl Bengtström will run the 400m instead of the 400mh as the Swedish depth is better on the latter, and they probably think this could bring a few more points. He hasn't really run a 400 flat race this summer but I definitely think a 46 is entirely possible. Biggest omission on the men's side is Fabian Delryd(2.33 PB HJ) who is replaced by Simon Wiklund(2.16 PB). Thobias Montler in the LJ will probably be back competing next week but thought this competition came a little too soon and didn't want to take up the spot in case he couldn't make himself justice. Andreas Carlsson the replacement is a decent one so shouldn't cost too much in the standings. Otherwise I'm kinda excited for the men, I can not remember a team this strong in a long time and right now they are definitely stronger than the women. Kramer, Almgren and Berglund all healthy and competing and Hassan has made huge strides in the 5000, although there is a ? to how he fares in slower type races. Ståhl is obviously the big star of the team and expected to bring home a much needed win.

5. Collapse Details

From the projection it looks like it's going to be a close battle for the vital 7th place, with Sweden having the best shot.

BTW, I wonder what's going to happen when Russia gets reinstated. Will they have to start from a lower division or will they somehow be added back to the Super League?

6. Collapse Details

Anyone with live projected standings?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    From the projection it looks like it's going to be a close battle for the vital 7th place, with Sweden having the best shot.

BTW, I wonder what's going to happen when Russia gets reinstated. Will they have to start from a lower division or will they somehow be added back to the Super League?
    I think officially Russia are in the first league this year but are disqualified from competing so are being relegated to the second league for the 2021 ETC.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackk View Post
    Anyone with live projected standings?
    After taking account of yesterday's two final events as well as the sprint heats I get the below results (in parentheses are the differentials vs the initial predictions)
    POL 337 (-3)
    GBR 331.5 (+5)
    FRA 317 (-2)
    GER 317 (0)
    ITA 306 (+2.5)
    ESP 294.5 (+11)
    CZE 227.5 (-3)
    SWE 219.5 (-3)
    UKR 211.5 (-2)
    GRE 204.5 (+14)
    FIN 195 (-1.5)
    SUI 159 (-18)
    Last edited by Powell; 08-10-2019 at 10:53 AM.

9. Collapse Details

The Swedish team have performed unbelievably bad.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackk View Post
    The Swedish team have performed unbelievably bad.
    They're not the worst performers of all

Here's the updated forecast after today's competition
    POL 339.5 (-0.5)
    FRA 328.5 (+9.5)
    GBR 315 (-11.5)
    ITA 313.5 (+10)
    GER 312 (-5)
    ESP 295.5 (+12)
    UKR 218 (+4.5)
    CZE 213.5 (-17)
    SWE 212 (-10.5)
    FIN 202 (+5.5)
    GRE 197.5 (+7)
    SUI 168 (-9)

So still a potential close battle for the podium and for the important 7th place.