Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    US Men's 4x1 at World Athletics Championships
    Looks to be a no-brainer: Rodgers-Gatlin-Coleman-Lyles.

2. Collapse Details

Administrator
    I think Allyson Felix should have a spot :-)

3. Collapse Details
    Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    I think Allyson Felix should have a spot :-)
    She is running 2nd leg for Gatlin in the the first round.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Looks to be a no-brainer: Rodgers-Gatlin-Coleman-Lyles.
    I disagree. The second leg is said to be the longest. Lyles should run that. He'll cover that 115 faster than any of the other three. I'd have Rogers, to Lyles to Coleman, to Gatlin.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by J2thaD View Post
    I disagree. The second leg is said to be the longest. Lyles should run that. He'll cover that 115 faster than any of the other three. I'd have Rogers, to Lyles to Coleman, to Gatlin.
    The second leg CAN be the longest; third leg could be just as LONG.
    But, you run your biggest new entertainer, Noah Lyles, in the star anchor role.
    That's why Bolt anchored, as he should have.
    I also like Gatlin between Rodgers and Coleman because of the chemistry they have.
    Until further notice, Lyles is the Anchorman!
    (Hope he comes up with better dance material, I know a choreographer that could help!)

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    The second leg CAN be the longest; third leg could be just as LONG.
    But, you run your biggest new entertainer, Noah Lyles, in the star anchor role.
    That's why Bolt anchored, as he should have.
    I also like Gatlin between Rodgers and Coleman because of the chemistry they have.
    Until further notice, Lyles is the Anchorman!
    (Hope he comes up with better dance material, I know a choreographer that could help!)
    I think if it comes down to those four (and it probably will) there are some interchangeable parts between those 2-4 legs (maybe more so than in other years) with Rodgers as the leadoff and others in various combinations. That said I, too, would go with the order you propose.
    Last edited by cladthin; 08-02-2019 at 03:22 AM.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by J2thaD View Post
    This business about the 2nd leg being longest is bogus. How far each athletes runs with the baton is dependent on where in the takeover zone each exchange takes place. Under the new rule, the zone is 30 meters long, with the "scratch line" being 20 meters into the zone. The scratch lines mark equal, 100-meter distances. So, if the first exchange takes place early in the zone, then the 2nd runner may cover more distance with the baton, depending on where the next exchange takes place.

However, making the exchange with the baton going as fast as possible is much more important than having one runner carry the baton farther than another.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA, USA

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shank View Post

However, making the exchange with the baton going as fast as possible is much more important than having one runner carry the baton farther than another.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA, USA
    And to make that efficient exchange with the baton means making the exchange deep in the zone, not early. The US men have adopted a preference for passing as soon as possible. That is why the US had the "early touch" rule vacated.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shank View Post
    This business about the 2nd leg being longest is bogus. How far each athletes runs with the baton is dependent on where in the takeover zone each exchange takes place. Under the new rule, the zone is 30 meters long, with the "scratch line" being 20 meters into the zone. The scratch lines mark equal, 100-meter distances. So, if the first exchange takes place early in the zone, then the 2nd runner may cover more distance with the baton, depending on where the next exchange takes place.

Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA, USA
    Thanks for the input

10. Collapse Details

Isnít Coleman just about the best starter that weíve seen? Why not leverage that on lead-off?