Facts, Not Fiction

1. Collapse Details
    1993 chinese WR women and coach?
    Hi,

what kind of radical training made these Chinese women athletes in the 3k, 10k and i think there was a 10.79 100m back in 1997 thrown in for good measure so formidable.

i mean it's almost a bit sci-fi from a nation which doesn't normally produce great distance runners or sprinter at that time period, i realize that is changing now more in the sprints anyway.

i have read that this is potentially another rabbit hole/slippery slope when we mention certain chemicals but i also read that turtle blood was involved in NATURAL enhancement from coach ma. and it got me thinking could there be ancient remedies or arts which could aid athletes more from these nations but certainly all if they were made made main stream or would this considered still a form of doping?

once again do any coaches or you knowledgeable folk on here have any input on what you think the difference was back in the 90's with these select few athletes both junior and senior from the era.

freak athletes?, or freak coaching methods to the like we have not seen since?.

2. Collapse Details

This probably should be in the Historical section.

As far as the world records are concerned, most or all of them were done in China, with no live video of the races, and there's doubt surrounding whether they actually happened.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    This probably should be in the Historical section.

As far as the world records are concerned, most or all of them were done in China, with no live video of the races, and there's doubt surrounding whether they actually happened.
    But aren't these on IAAF lists and don't you have to have IAAF sanctioned meets with IAAF sanctioned officials?

4. Collapse Details

5. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Here's a video of the Chinese 1500 from 1993.......out of nowhere a large group running incredible times and then just as fast disappearing....and the men...had no such improvements....so forget the natural arts nonsense...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuOS...&persist_app=1

And 8:06 is even more surreal...
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 07-31-2019 at 04:09 PM.

6. Collapse Details

I believe these performances did actually happen (and on a 400m track not a 380m-ish track as some people suspect). You only have to watch the 1993 World Championships to believe that they were capable of running those ridiculous times in China.......

Sorry, too much unfounded drug speculation here; rest of long post cut by mods
    Last edited by gh; 07-31-2019 at 04:53 PM.

7. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    'Nothing to do with turtle blood or caterpillar fungus but rather industrial strength dosages of steroids I'd say, akin to what allowed the Eastern bloc women to be running 1:53 in the 800 a decade earlier. That they were doping with illegal drugs was confirmed by Wang Junxia as Atanvarno posted above.'

That really doesn't explain 8:06 which no one else, including the Eastern bloc, before or since has come anywhere close to...
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 07-31-2019 at 04:53 PM.

8. Collapse Details

Administrator
    And that's it for this thread