Facts, Not Fiction

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wiederganger View Post
    Let's face it, the US ALWAYS lift their game in the 4x400.
    Really, always lift their game? Is that what they did at the world relays in Yokohama this year when they lost to Poland?

2. Collapse Details

The 4x100 is a different story. It should be JAM winning gold here, the US cant match their 2 x 10.7 women. GER should beat GBR for bronze, but it will be close.
    Looking at the US sprint squad this year, I'm not actually sure they'll beat GER and GBR.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by norunner View Post
    Really, always lift their game? Is that what they did at the world relays in Yokohama this year when they lost to Poland?
    But that was neither a major championship nor an A squad. I agree they would be vulnerable this year if they were limited to the individual 400 runners, but with Muhammad and McLaughlin they'd have to mess up very badly to not win this.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    But that was neither a major championship nor an A squad. I agree they would be vulnerable this year if they were limited to the individual 400 runners, but with Muhammad and McLaughlin they'd have to mess up very badly to not win this.
    Wimbley, Okolo and Beard were first, fourth and fifth at the US trials this year, i'd call that an A squad. But i agree, a relay with 2 or 3 of the hurdle women would almost certainly be faster.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Looking at the US sprint squad this year, I'm not actually sure they'll beat GER and GBR.
    The problem with the German relay has been, they never peak when it matters. Three years ago they ran a 41.62 BEFORE Rio, then half a second slower in Rio.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by norunner View Post
    The problem with the German relay has been, they never peak when it matters. Three years ago they ran a 41.62 BEFORE Rio, then half a second slower in Rio.
    True, but IF they repeat their ISTAF run in Doha, that might be enough to beat the Americans. And I suspect the Brits are capable of a time in the same range as the Germans ran, if not faster.

7. Collapse Details

Well if we're talking hypotheticals, Lückenkemper said after the race, the exchange with Pinto was pretty bad, so there's another 1-2 tenths in there.

8. Collapse Details

JAM never quite lift themselves like the US do in this event,...
    Never? 2015 says Hello.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    Never? 2015 says Hello.
    If Sanya had been on her A-game (she was waaaaaaay off it; 51.5), to go with Allyson's 47.7, Novlene would have never come close to touching Francena in the end. The U.S. probably would have gone a low-3:18.x or a high-3:17.x.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CookyMonzta View Post
    If Sanya had been on her A-game (she was waaaaaaay off it; 51.5), to go with Allyson's 47.7, Novlene would have never come close to touching Francena in the end. The U.S. probably would have gone a low-3:18.x or a high-3:17.x.
    Or if they had just let Phyllis Francis run the final.