Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

@powell, is there a chance Poland will take the mixed 4x4 seriously? Swiety and Baumgart are high on the individual world lists, and your men usually up their game in a relay, and you only need two!

Swiety wont medal in the individual 400m, and it's doubtful POL could beat a full-strength US team in the w4x4, or Jamaica (though we saw what happened in London!). There is a possibility of a silver in the mixed 4x4, surely?

2. Collapse Details

I'm pretty sure they will target the mixed relay, although right now I'm not sure it's a strong medal chance. Zalewski is the only man running relatively well so far. Omelko and/or Krzewina would need to get back into top form for them to really challenge for the podium.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

3. Collapse Details

I think GBR may take the mixed more seriously, but the men will also be the problem there. At the upcoming Euro Team Champs, the women have the depth to use individuals across the two events and do well. The men look pretty average and coming early in the WC prog will put off someone like Hughes stepping up, despite he and Gemili running some strong relay legs early season

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Why would they have to give up on the regular 4x4? The single-sex relays come a full week after the mixed. There's no reason you can't do both at top level.
    The Mixed 4x400 is the day before the open 400m starts and the open 4x400 start the day after the open final.
    I don't see any country with enough depth to challenge the USA in either event. Im also willing to bet that countries who are medal threats have athletes in the open. Without that depth, they would likely have an athletes running consecutive days from the mixed to the open, to the 4x4.

Again this is just off the top of my head, but it seems most countries aside from the US would have to sacrifice something in favor of something else, that may be the mixed relay, the 4x4 or an athletes potential to compete well in the individual. (I'm willing to be not of the top 3 US men or women run the mixed relay)

5. Collapse Details

Both Poland and the UK at least have medal chances in the relays without having really serious contenders in the individual.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

6. Collapse Details

Odds on USA gold in W800m went up substantially today.

7. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by player View Post
    Odds on USA gold in W800m went up substantially today.
    May even sneak in for another medal!

9. Collapse Details

Something tells me Allison Felix will be running in the mixed. Hopefully not the W4X4 that should belong to our top 3 and our 400Hers.

10. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Jessica Beard should also be in the 4x4 queue ahead of Felix; sentiment be damned. Felix on the mixed squad sounds perfect to me