Facts, Not Fiction

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    I've seen lots of fast 400s...and seen the replays of the great ones many times...and the usual m.o. is blast the first 100 and settle in and relax on the second 100...Leeper was almost the opposite...

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    Her opinion was that Pistorius should be allowed to run and mine differed - that the Leeper problem was coming if we allowed that to happen. Since my opinion did not agree with hers, and was not the politically correct opinion, it did not get published but she let me have it on the phone. I'll let you guess who it was. I'm not saying on the record, however.
    Sorry to hear that. I think 18.99 made an excellent point in #11. It's not about whether blades bring an advantage, although they certainly can. It's about whether they bring something different, which they absolutely do.

3. Collapse Details

To extend the point on emphasizing differences rather than advantages, suppose somebody wanted to use a tennis racket in lacrosse.

Who knows if that is an advantage or disadvantage? Does the larger surface area of the racket make up for the inability to catch the ball in concave netting? It may be impossible to determine the advantage or lack thereof.

But using a tennis racket obviously makes things different, so the advantage question shouldn't have to be decided. If you want to use a tennis racket, either start a different league where everybody on the field uses a tennis racket, or go and play tennis itself.

4. Collapse Details

I timed him in the final only.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    I've seen lots of fast 400s...and seen the replays of the great ones many times...and the usual m.o. is blast the first 100 and settle in and relax on the second 100...Leeper was almost the opposite...
    Probably it's harder for him to negotiate the curbs.

6. Collapse Details

While I admire Leepers accomplishments, in addition to concern about the perceived impetus of the long blades, I am alarmed by potential havoc caused by sideward flailing of the prosthetic in close running/passing.
    No one has an inherent right to compete at any level. I do not believe this type prosthetic should be allowed in able bodied competition.

7. Collapse Details

Hi,

does Blake leeper in your most humble opinions on here think that firstly sub 44 seem a possibility?, and then do you think perhaps if the stars align that sub 43 might be a discussion or being able to make the team for say 2020 perhaps?

i know this is a rabbit hole once again but it might be something that might have to be taken seriously if his performances do progress and i wondered what with a fully executed race in the right conditions and a far more conditioned leeper might be able to do over the one lap, esp given what we saw from his semi at nationals.

8. Collapse Details

I just rewatched the 400 m final. If the race is close enough at the tape (and that happens often!), Leeper's blades could seriously take out someone's legs in an adjacent lane.

9. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Yes...compared to Pistorius he has a much more ragged form..

10. Collapse Details

Just think how fast this guy would be if he didnít have the massive disadvantage of not having lower leg muscles!