Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I just noticed that they moved the finish line on the map for the Trials vs the finish line we were shown during season seat holder purchases last month. I wonder if this is a mistake or if they're adjusting for the modified stadium we'll have in 2021? If it's the latter, I wound up with some killer seats. Initially, the finish line bisected 121/221. Now it bisects 120/220. Not that finish line is the be all/send all of track ticketing....just a personal preference.

2. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce3404 View Post
    Yes, sadly some will end up on StubHub. I mentioned that to Mike Riley, President of Tracktown and he indicated that it hadn't been a big problem in the past....but, in fact, there have been numerous offerings and probably will be starting today. My contention was that people should only be allowed to buy the same number as they had for regular season seats. But football rules at U of O and they don't want to tick off the big donors. The limit for us season seat holders was eight...BUT, if you ordered 8, you ran the risk of being moved several sections UNLESS you were a big donor in which case the small or non-donors moved further away.
    Considering the poor financial state of the university if they can get donors to pony up that kind of money for marginally better seats for a track meet...that is fine with me.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Considering the poor financial state of the university if they can get donors to pony up that kind of money for marginally better seats for a track meet...that is fine with me.
    We're in complete accord, Conor. As Eugene residents, this benefits all of us locals and extends not only to improvements on campus, but continued athletic success in other sports. If there was even a hint of bitterness in my previous posts, it was unintended.

4. Collapse Details

Jolly good....I figured we were on the same page...it is amazing the benefits we get from having our billionaire alum....and his chums.... and I really like how the New Hayward is coming along....

5. Collapse Details

I just checked now and still decent seats now available just past the finish on the turn. Section 219...

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bruce3404 View Post
    I just noticed that they moved the finish line on the map for the Trials vs the finish line we were shown during season seat holder purchases last month. I wonder if this is a mistake or if they're adjusting for the modified stadium we'll have in 2021? If it's the latter, I wound up with some killer seats. Initially, the finish line bisected 121/221. Now it bisects 120/220. Not that finish line is the be all/send all of track ticketing....just a personal preference.
    I think I found the new map display that you saw, but there's actually no finish line drawn on it. What you're referring to, I think, is an extension of the home straight that, if actually built, would facilitate running the 100 & 110H in a reverse (northerly) direction, eliminating the need to run "reverse" races on the backstretch (I'm emitting a sigh for the east stands faithful). Rest assured that the finish line will remain at the point where the curve of the rail begins, which is still in front of Sections 121 & 221.

I also got Trials seating that is one row below my 2021 season ticket location. I thought it was an error by the staff, mistaking "M" for "N," but based on other posts, I guess I was bumped by someone with more pull who wanted extra seats for the Trials.
    Last edited by Charley Shaffer; 07-31-2019 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Clarity

7. Collapse Details

Today is the last day to buy season tickets....the top tier is sold out.

8. Collapse Details

Figure out who you know who is an athlete or coach (even retired athletes) and you’re good for good seats.

9. Collapse Details

Administrator
    what a joy it's going to be for longtime West side viewers not to have pillars in the way anymore (another reason why East was in many ways the superior side)

10. Collapse Details

As a spectator, I usually chose to avoid the pillars by sitting in the rows in front of them (although I normally prefer sitting higher up). What I couldn't avoid was the uncomfortable bench seating and the much-too-tight legroom. As I think I've said on other threads, I am very much looking forward to the new Hayward.