Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    2020 Trials Tix [schedule change]
    Flying out of there this morning. Most all of the really good homestretch tickets were already purchased by season ticket holders. Sadly, this also included big football and basketball donors who treat the Trials as Louisvillians treat the Kentucky Derby, i.e., an occasional "event" to be seen at. The backstretch seems the place to be at this moment
    Last edited by gh; 11-06-2019 at 08:22 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Trials tickets- how'd you do?
    Took a few minutes to get in to the page. I ended up with an aisle seat in 217. Could have grabbed something up higher in 218, but I like being on the aisle. I was hoping for a stray single closer to the west side, but they were completely gobbled up. 217 is going fast as I am typing this.

3. Collapse Details

Please merge into the other thread

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bruce3404 View Post
    Flying out of there this morning. Most all of the really good homestretch tickets were already purchased by season ticket holders. Sadly, this also included big football and basketball donors who treat the Trials as Louisvillians treat the Kentucky Derby, i.e., an occasional "event" to be seen at. The backstretch seems the place to be at this moment
    Or they'll end up on StubHub

5. Collapse Details

Yes, sadly some will end up on StubHub. I mentioned that to Mike Riley, President of Tracktown and he indicated that it hadn't been a big problem in the past....but, in fact, there have been numerous offerings and probably will be starting today. My contention was that people should only be allowed to buy the same number as they had for regular season seats. But football rules at U of O and they don't want to tick off the big donors. The limit for us season seat holders was eight...BUT, if you ordered 8, you ran the risk of being moved several sections UNLESS you were a big donor in which case the small or non-donors moved further away.

6. Collapse Details

Does anyone know if a schedule has been posted anywhere? Nothing on USATF or TrackTown sites. Or, does anyone know if they will just follow the 2016 schedule? Thanks, jww

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Swampdonkey View Post
    Does anyone know if a schedule has been posted anywhere? Nothing on USATF or TrackTown sites. Or, does anyone know if they will just follow the 2016 schedule? Thanks, jww
    I think they typically follow the Olympic schedule, so a look at Tokyo should work:
    https://tokyo2020.org/en/games/sched...00731_ATH.html

8. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    It's not true you had to be a big donor to get good seats....

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    It's not true you had to be a big donor to get good seats....
    Case in point. My regular seats are dead on the finish line and I am not a donor at all, just a long time season seat holder. I was moved a section over in the wrong direction for the OTs, thus I'm about 20 meters past the line. A good seat? Somewhat. However, I have linked up with some major donors ($25K/year). Their/my seats are almost exactly the same, except one row higher. I don't know of anyone else who got seats that close to their normal seats, hence the comment about big donors. Arguably, if one moved a section or two away, they're still good seats, so I stand corrected regarding being not as specific as I could have been. FWIW, at the 2012 trials, I got the same seat numbers in the same section, but a row lower, so I did find the move this year a bit disappointing, even though I won't be using the seats I was assigned (they're going to Japanese friends whom I thought might help me with Olympic tickets).
    Last edited by bruce3404; 07-25-2019 at 06:02 PM.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Swampdonkey View Post
    They didn't didn't announce the schedule last time until late in 2015, long after tickets were on sale. There doesn't seem to be a lot of rhyme or reason to when the field events or multis take place. It has been different each of the last 3 trials. Generally speaking, the 100s, 400s, 800s, and 10,000s take place days 1-4 and the 200s, 1500s, and 5000s are on days 5-8. Sprint hurdles have also tended to be on days 5-8.