Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52
  1. Collapse Details
     
    #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Lake Worth, FL
    Posts
    358
    Maybe the most improved woman competing at Nationals.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    2,016
    Quote Originally Posted by upchuckserious View Post
    How do you have the best start in the world yet lose the 100m but win the 200m? that has to be a first.
    Yes!!!! I was wondering that myself and sort of saying to my family who was ignoring me. Bizarre.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #43
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    "Port on the Cape"
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
    Yes!!!! I was wondering that myself and sort of saying to my family who was ignoring me. Bizarre.
    Combine her background with the myriad of performance qualities associated in both events, it was certainly possible. However, there will be a different group competing at Doha.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Right there.
    Posts
    2,771
    It is interesting that from her height one would expect Bryant to be more of a 60m/100m specialist with a big drop off at 200m but obviously that's not the case.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #45
    Quote Originally Posted by cladthin View Post
    It is interesting that from her height one would expect Bryant to be more of a 60m/100m specialist with a big drop off at 200m but obviously that's not the case.
    Most logical explanation is she is an amazing curve runner but i do think its strange. Ahoure used to be better at 200 when she was sub 7 as well.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #46
    Where are all our 200 meters women? Duncan Dejah Stevens Ariana Washington Felicia Brown Kamaria Brown??? There have been some great ncaa girls over the years that went no where.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Everybody knows this is nowhere
    Posts
    6,253
    Quote Originally Posted by fasttrak85 View Post
    Where are all our 200 meters women? Duncan Dejah Stevens Ariana Washington Felicia Brown Kamaria Brown??? There have been some great ncaa girls over the years that went no where.
    Bryant beat Prandini, Akinosun, Jefferson, and Kamaria Brown in the NCAA 200.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #48
    Quote Originally Posted by fasttrak85 View Post
    Where are all our 200 meters women? Duncan Dejah Stevens Ariana Washington Felicia Brown Kamaria Brown??? There have been some great ncaa girls over the years that went no where.
    Dejah Stevens was DQ'ed from the semis for im guessing a false start
    Felicia Brown was eliminated in the Heats
    Kamaria Brown sat out all of 2018 and then only ran 2 races this year so likely injured
    Ariana Washington hasn't run all year so no idea.

    I think it has to be noted that transition to running after college is challenging if your not close to the top and/or motivated to possibly do a part of it on your own for a while. The list of "high quality" NCAA athletes who essentially disappeared after college is higher than those who are still running.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #49
    Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    Dejah Stevens was DQ'ed from the semis for im guessing a false start
    Felicia Brown was eliminated in the Heats
    Kamaria Brown sat out all of 2018 and then only ran 2 races this year so likely injured
    Ariana Washington hasn't run all year so no idea.

    I think it has to be noted that transition to running after college is challenging if your not close to the top and/or motivated to possibly do a part of it on your own for a while. The list of "high quality" NCAA athletes who essentially disappeared after college is higher than those who are still running.
    Washington seems to be at NOP with her fiancé, don't think she's running at all.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Everybody knows this is nowhere
    Posts
    6,253
    Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    Dejah Stevens was DQ'ed from the semis for im guessing a false start
    Felicia Brown was eliminated in the Heats
    Kamaria Brown sat out all of 2018 and then only ran 2 races this year so likely injured
    Ariana Washington hasn't run all year so no idea.

    I think it has to be noted that transition to running after college is challenging if your not close to the top and/or motivated to possibly do a part of it on your own for a while. The list of "high quality" NCAA athletes who essentially disappeared after college is higher than those who are still running.
    It is a huge life change and motivation, especially if you aren't finding immediate success, has to be the biggest... wait for it... hurdle.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •