Facts, Not Fiction

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    didn't Lynna Irby run sub 50s last year? now she is out!
    Yes, she ran 49.80 in winning the NCAA championships. But she did not have indoor season this year and then she turned pro. That hasn't seemed to help; she hasn't broken 52 all year.

2. Collapse Details

Do they have a runoff to break the tie fir 8th and 9th?

3. Collapse Details

that should have been "for 8th and 9th"

4. Collapse Details

Administrator
    no need, because Q was based on place, not time

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Felix was out of it and looked effortless in the final stretch, yet - bazinga - here she is in the final with a decent SB. Is that it or is there more?

And, oh by the way, she looks more ... ahem ... mature ... than ever before. Still a wonderful athlete - OBVIOUSLY!
    Things look good for her. I think the fitness is there she is sharpening herself through the rounds yet still leaving enough to go all out in the final.

Her physique is def different. Gone are the chicken legs. She is actually more curvy built than athletic built.She is easily 20 lbs heavier and looks soft but still kicking ass. She is truly one of the greats!!!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Felix was out of it and looked effortless in the final stretch, yet - bazinga - here she is in the final with a decent SB. Is that it or is there more?
    I haven't seen the footage of the race yet, but this is looking eerily similar to her 2016 OT journey. In the first round then and now, she took it out pretty aggressively for the first 200, and tried to coast/not push too hard for the second half of the race. In the semi-final then and now, she would have run a more conservative first 300 and come through with a strong final home-stretch finish. I think in both years, she used the first round to test speed, the second to test strength, and tried to put the two together in the final.

Hastings said on her Tea Time today that perhaps both Ellis and Jonathas overcooked their semi, so if those two arrive not in 100% shape, that leaves Wimbley as the preemptive favourite, Okolo who's up and down but should be in shape enough to make her first global outdoor team as an individual, and, I'm hoping, Felix! I think there's a better chance she makes top three than she doesn't, but at the very least, I think she'll make top six to be in that relay pool.

I'm excited for her, but if she ends up winning the final, I think that'll top 2016 OT as the craziest thing she's done.

7. Collapse Details

The Felix obsession from the commentators was insufferable. God forbid the girl who won saw this as the beginning of her own great career.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by upchuckserious View Post
    The Felix obsession from the commentators was insufferable. God forbid the girl who won saw this as the beginning of her own great career.
    Hmm...an actual Track Legend and the most decorated Female track star in history, making a comeback in her mid-30's after recently having a child. I wonder why all the fuss?
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by upchuckserious View Post
    When I was watching my adrenaline was up n down. All i cared about is if Felix made it everyone else was a side story. As a legend she has earned the right to the obsession and considering her unique circumstance even more so.

10. Collapse Details

Firstly, let's not make out Felix's situatIon is unique, she's not the first woman to return to competition 8 months after giving birth for goodness sake, and she isn't the first to come back after a C section!
    Is it tough? Sure is, but many women have done this before .

Focus on Felix in the race is ofcourse understandable though, she's one of America's great Oympians and she's on a come back. Listening to the commentary, there was certainly a lack of talk about Wimbley and I did feel sorry for her, but she probably my doesn't care anyway.