Facts, Not Fiction

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    I think Fortius is throwing some shade at the attention paid to the US' newest and most popular relay pool runner for the 4x400m.
    Where? Cite?

2. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    Where? Cite?
    https://trackandfieldnews.com/discus...=1#post2713689
    There are no strings on me

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    SF Chronicle this morning carried an AP story on the meet. Large Felix headline, picture of her with baby. Total story 383 words, 236 of which were on Felix.

Without her, I'm guessing the meet gets no coverage at all.

10 words on Kerley (Leeper gets 103)

Kendricks gets 32

(I know, it doesn't quite add correctly)

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    More than a few athletes doing the same on twitter

https://twitter.com/shambambino/stat...55959159234560
    I wish Little well. I do remember her story being highlighted in the past. The good thing is with social media she can get her story out without the help of NBC. She might also be bent out of shape because Syd and Muhammad are now the center of attention in her event. It would probably help if certain expert posters would publicize Little in the W400h thread. Not a peep from them, unless it is related to AF.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    SF Chronicle this morning carried an AP story on the meet. Large Felix headline, picture of her with baby. Total story 383 words, 236 of which were on Felix.
    Without her, I'm guessing the meet gets no coverage at all.
    10 words on Kerley (Leeper gets 103)
    Kendricks gets 32
    (I know, it doesn't quite add correctly)
    Our local local papers (Brunswick, GA /Jacksonville, FL) had preview articles all week and results of local participants. Was pleasantly surprised.

6. Collapse Details

I feel bad cuz Felix prob didnt ask for the attention and probably rather be low key. However i feel in sports you have to earn the right for ppl to care about your story. Allyson imo has earned that right. Now that there is no Sanya and Allyson is getting back to fitness there is no one who has stepped up and showed consistency.

Even with Lolo Jones she had to do alot to get back to London in 2012 and considering how bejing went she was the ultimate underground. Lolo at her best was an immense talent she wasnt exactly anna kornikova i know ppl feel Dawn should have gotten more shine but lets face it Lolo got more ppl to watch.

Ill admit my bias upfront. I watched the womens 400 with a barf bag nearby. I was so absorbed in pulling for Allyson I almost felt physically ill and had to regroup after likewise I was in a blissful state after the semis. When Shakima and Kendall et al are able to inspire that passion they will get the same treatment. Allyson has been on out tv sets almost 2 decades since being a high schooler. We have watched her grow and for those who are younger we have grown up with her. Sports is about more than the stats but ironically its the stats that often earn you that fanfare even when the story is no longer about that.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fasttrak85 View Post
    I watched the womens 400 with a barf bag nearby. I was so absorbed in pulling for Allyson I almost felt physically ill and had to regroup after likewise I was in a blissful state after the semis.
    Oh good grief, what are you going to be like next year, or, perish the thought, when she retires? Start preparing yourself now, the event is moving on. 911 at the ready!

One can't blame Felix at all for the attention, it's not her fault, just as it wasn't Lolo's. They are both good at courting the media and I don't blame any athlete in doing that.

Re earlier comments that Felix wouldn't go to Doha 'just' for a heat run, I'm not so sure. Why compete at the nationals unless you wanted a shot at Doha? Otherwise she would have had a more low-key return. Kersee has always been about Allyson getting as many medals as possible, he has implied that many times, and when there's a gold medal on offer in the w4x4 then why not take it? She adds another medal to her collection, and one never knows what will happen next year, so you take your opportunities when they present themselves. And who knows, she could do the mixed 4x4 as well/instead.

8. Collapse Details

The extra 2 months of preparation can make a big difference for Felix, who is still on the comeback trail. And her relay experience and track record has to count for something, too. I'm thinking she actually has a pretty good chance of making the final relay squad, perhaps even two squads.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

9. Collapse Details

Felix herself said after the race she wouldn’t go unless she felt that she could add something - clearly, in the form she’s currently in, quite a few ladies are bringing the same foot speed and if the team are far enough ahead of everyone else, experience won’t be needed. Don’t forget, reports were she could win the thing/make the team - so maybe she went to nationals thinking she was in better shape.

That said, I think she’ll be there in Doha, helping her stock rise and laying the platform for getting a new sponsorship deal, as it keeps the narrative going and ultimately, she needs to make money whilst she can, as Lord knows the sport doesn’t make too many people rich!

10. Collapse Details

I didn't recall reading any articles mentioning Felix could win. Most thought that she will skip the 2019 season. It was all Bolden who said that.