Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

From what I have read, Brown will go to Doha if Wilson wins the DL.

2. Collapse Details

Athing is an amazing talent, but man was she compromised by some bad racing strategy. You cannot go as wide as she did and make your move around a bend and hope to succeed. Needs some help and I am sure she will get it. She can run with these gals.

3. Collapse Details

Tim Hutchings called Wilson the "world's best non-DSD 800 runner." I didn't understand him at first; is "non-DSD" common parlance now?
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shank View Post
    Tim Hutchings called Wilson the "world's best non-DSD 800 runner." I didn't understand him at first; is "non-DSD" common parlance now?
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    First time I've heard it. I think Nigel Amos at =3 all time is better.
    Last edited by trackCanuck; 07-29-2019 at 11:57 PM.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shank View Post
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    I've heard him say it a couple times during the season on NBCSportsGold broadcasts...and I cackle each time in delight. I'm glad he says it.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

6. Collapse Details

Kudos to Hanna Green. She just seems to get incrementally better every year, and beating Raevyn in that final was a big step up for her. She has an odd running form but is very strong. Nice run, Hanna!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 58Commander View Post
    Kudos to Hanna Green. She just seems to get incrementally better every year, and beating Raevyn in that final was a big step up for her. She has an odd running form but is very strong. Nice run, Hanna!
    Agree. Her margin over Rogers is quite substantial too.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bowie View Post
    Athing is an amazing talent, but man was she compromised by some bad racing strategy. You cannot go as wide as she did and make your move around a bend and hope to succeed. Needs some help and I am sure she will get it. She can run with these gals.
    Totally agree. I am sure that she learned a powerful lesson from this. With most of her competition being of a lower caliber, she has probably not been in this position against such sharp competition. Tactical lessons on the track are usually better learned when you lose. Those are the ones you will ruminate on at greater length. This young lady should be fun to watch over the next few years.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bowie View Post
    She couldn't run with any of the gals at the Pan-Am Games. Finished last in her heat. :-(

10. Collapse Details

One race too many