Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. Collapse Details
     
    #21
    From what I have read, Brown will go to Doha if Wilson wins the DL.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Lake Worth, FL
    Posts
    382
    Athing is an amazing talent, but man was she compromised by some bad racing strategy. You cannot go as wide as she did and make your move around a bend and hope to succeed. Needs some help and I am sure she will get it. She can run with these gals.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    N38 40, W 121 52
    Posts
    4,545
    Tim Hutchings called Wilson the "world's best non-DSD 800 runner." I didn't understand him at first; is "non-DSD" common parlance now?
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shank View Post
    Tim Hutchings called Wilson the "world's best non-DSD 800 runner." I didn't understand him at first; is "non-DSD" common parlance now?
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    First time I've heard it. I think Nigel Amos at =3 all time is better.
    Last edited by trackCanuck; 07-29-2019 at 11:57 PM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    2,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shank View Post
    Tim Hutchings called Wilson the "world's best non-DSD 800 runner." I didn't understand him at first; is "non-DSD" common parlance now?
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    I've heard him say it a couple times during the season on NBCSportsGold broadcasts...and I cackle each time in delight. I'm glad he says it.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    128
    Kudos to Hanna Green. She just seems to get incrementally better every year, and beating Raevyn in that final was a big step up for her. She has an odd running form but is very strong. Nice run, Hanna!
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Commander View Post
    Kudos to Hanna Green. She just seems to get incrementally better every year, and beating Raevyn in that final was a big step up for her. She has an odd running form but is very strong. Nice run, Hanna!
    Agree. Her margin over Rogers is quite substantial too.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bowie View Post
    Athing is an amazing talent, but man was she compromised by some bad racing strategy. You cannot go as wide as she did and make your move around a bend and hope to succeed. Needs some help and I am sure she will get it. She can run with these gals.
    Totally agree. I am sure that she learned a powerful lesson from this. With most of her competition being of a lower caliber, she has probably not been in this position against such sharp competition. Tactical lessons on the track are usually better learned when you lose. Those are the ones you will ruminate on at greater length. This young lady should be fun to watch over the next few years.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bowie View Post
    Athing is an amazing talent, but man was she compromised by some bad racing strategy. You cannot go as wide as she did and make your move around a bend and hope to succeed. Needs some help and I am sure she will get it. She can run with these gals.
    She couldn't run with any of the gals at the Pan-Am Games. Finished last in her heat. :-(
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #30
    One race too many
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •