Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 240
  1. Collapse Details
     
    I wouldn’t count Kori out for worlds. She doesn’t look fit now but her season has a different timeline than SM or DM. I’m giving her the benefit of the doubt that she’ll run something fast at worlds. Flo knows what he’s doing with her.

    One interesting observation that came from a DM post race interview was that they slowed training quickly after her concussion. If this is true, she very well may have just peaked if she hasn’t been training hard over the last month. Much like 2017 worlds I don’t know if DM will be faster than nationals. She also acknowledged that someone will break 52 soon.

    This leads us back to SM. By far the most hyped up and rightfully so. She’s been training well and is not close to peak form yet. I suspect Hayes will focus more on speed in the coming weeks along with form. I’d love to see a couple of fast 200/400s that would also secure her a spot on relay team. Would be great to see her run 49 low.

    Predictions for worlds:
    1. SM - 51.9
    2. DM - 52.6
    3. KC - 52.9
    4. AS - 53.1

    US top 4
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Right there.
    Posts
    2,785
    Quote Originally Posted by spikes007 View Post
    I wouldn’t count Kori out for worlds. She doesn’t look fit now but her season has a different timeline than SM or DM. I’m giving her the benefit of the doubt that she’ll run something fast at worlds. Flo knows what he’s doing with her.

    One interesting observation that came from a DM post race interview was that they slowed training quickly after her concussion. If this is true, she very well may have just peaked if she hasn’t been training hard over the last month. Much like 2017 worlds I don’t know if DM will be faster than nationals. She also acknowledged that someone will break 52 soon.

    This leads us back to SM. By far the most hyped up and rightfully so. She’s been training well and is not close to peak form yet. I suspect Hayes will focus more on speed in the coming weeks along with form. I’d love to see a couple of fast 200/400s that would also secure her a spot on relay team. Would be great to see her run 49 low.

    Predictions for worlds:
    1. SM - 51.9
    2. DM - 52.6
    3. KC - 52.9
    4. AS - 53.1

    US top 4
    I would agree with your peaking point for DM. I hope not but as you mention she was forced into not training for a time or significantly reduced training it seems and she might well have reached a peak for this year.
    Last edited by cladthin; 07-30-2019 at 04:48 PM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    Well, I'm not sure that Dalilah breaking a world record 9 weeks before the most important race of her season makes sense.
    Let's see what happens on October 4th!
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    on task
    Posts
    11,691
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
    Well, I'm not sure that Dalilah breaking a world record 9 weeks before the most important race of her season makes sense. Let's see what happens on October 4th!
    Unless, of course, she's not fully peaked . . . which would be hard to believe.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    I love the passion of Shamir Little. If she doesn't improve her hurdling form though I think she will continue to be shut out. If she can't, I'd like to see her try the 800.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by KDFINE View Post
    I love the passion of Shamir Little. If she doesn't improve her hurdling form though I think she will continue to be shut out. If she can't, I'd like to see her try the 800.
    Maybe a season running 100 hurdles too. She must be losing at least 1 - 1.5 seconds on Muhammad, who is a brilliant hurdler.

    100 hurdles

    Muhammad 13.33
    McLaughlin 13.34
    Hejnova 13.36
    Little 13.77
    Last edited by trackCanuck; 07-30-2019 at 06:37 PM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    Way back when, I remember Hemery running the high hurdles (even indoors?) as well as the indoor 600s. He had the form and the strength.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    Former Resident Geek
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by KDFINE View Post
    Way back when, I remember Hemery running the high hurdles (even indoors?) as well as the indoor 600s. He had the form and the strength.
    Derrick Adkins did the same for some years.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    N38 40, W 121 52
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by eightsevensix View Post
    Yep. This would be fair especially in this case where Carter has been pulling out of races and running 28 seconds. What fitness has she really proved?
    Try facts. Kori Carter pulled out of London; otherwise:
    56.07 4/27 Drake
    55.95 5/17 Marietta, GA
    55.09 6/6 Rome DL
    55.67 6/13 Oslo DL
    55.55 7/5 Lausanne DL
    55.63 7/12 Monaco DL
    So, after Doha, she ran in 4 of 5 400H DL races, and don't forget that last year she concentrated on the sprint hurdles, so she's trying to get her pattern down again.

    She also ran on 4x1 and 4x4 relays in Austin on March 30.
    So it's clear that she is doing a lot to get back in shape and in rhythm.
    She's a sub-53 runner and the world champion; IMO she deserves the WC just as much as Taylor, Gatlin and all the others.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    N38 40, W 121 52
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    Maybe a season running 100 hurdles too. She must be losing at least 1 - 1.5 seconds on Muhammad, who is a brilliant hurdler.

    100 hurdles

    Muhammad 13.33
    McLaughlin 13.34
    Hejnova 13.36
    Little 13.77
    Kori Carter 12.76, from 2013
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •