Facts, Not Fiction

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    She seems like a very careful athlete. Muhammad, Little, and Spencer were letting it go on one end of the race or the other while SM was in her own world. It may well be a feature or bug of her youth but to run 52.2 you have to wind it up a bit.
    This is the second time you've made the same bizarre comment. McLaughlin apparently ran as she felt which must have been pretty good considering her time as a 19 year old. Her "world" must be pretty good.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    This is the second time you've made the same bizarre comment. McLaughlin apparently ran as she felt which must have been pretty good considering her time as a 19 year old. Her "world" must be pretty good.
    I'm sorry if that upset you. It's an observation. If that's bizarre in a forum maybe you need to learn the definition of the word.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    She seems like a very careful athlete. Muhammad, Little, and Spencer were letting it go on one end of the race or the other while SM was in her own world. It may well be a feature or bug of her youth but to run 52.2 you have to wind it up a bit.
    She has plenty of time to find the pace that works best for her. I think she's showing maturity a bit beyond her years by running carefully for now.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    She has plenty of time to find the pace that works best for her. I think she's showing maturity a bit beyond her years by running carefully for now.
    Control is a better word. There was chaos all around her and she ran under control. And, yes, it could be a sign of a mature response to the madness.

I've watched this at least ten times and will watch it plenty more. It's my Zapruder film of the event.

5. Collapse Details
    Red face
    I took note a few weeks back, as I’m sure others on this forum did, of DM’s comments that the WR was her priority. I accepted that she felt she was in WR form, but did think it odd that an athlete approaching a Championship meet wouldn’t utter the usual platitudes: “My goal is to win the race, secure the US Championship, and be on the US World’s team to Doha. Time is secondary right now, but it will come with patience.” Unnecessarily pressure to be speaking publicly about her WR intentions. But she did what she said she would, and all credit to her.
    Personally, I was jumping up and down in my living room like Emma Coburn’s sister

6. Collapse Details

Administrator
    if you haven't seen it already, check out the look on Syd's face in the lead story on the home page.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    if you haven't seen it already, check out the look on Syd's face in the lead story on the home page.
    That's what I referenced earlier...she just ran 52.8 and got whupped big time and couldn't believe it. They only way she wins gold is DM is slightly off on that day and SM is inside of DM where she can see her from the beginning.. Then again, SM just might not be ready to go 52.2 yet...period.

8. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    They only way she wins gold is... SM is inside of DM where she can see her from the beginning.
    This is critical. I'm calling it right now - whoever has the inside position between McLaughlin and Muhammad will win in Doha. Neither will break the WR though - air will be bone dry and barometric pressure likely will be sky-high.
    There are no strings on me

9. Collapse Details

Best thing to happen to Muhammed was getting beat by Syd. It woke her up and made her focus. She had a look of pure determination. Syd, on the other hand, has not progressed this year and may actually have regressed. She is faster and stronger, but her step pattern has been messed up all season. She needs to get her steps down pat and she needs to improve her hurdling technique. I see her being able to run a minimum of 5 yards faster than she did at the Nationals.

10. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bowie View Post
    Best thing to happen to Muhammed was getting beat by Syd. It woke her up and made her focus. She had a look of pure determination. Syd, on the other hand, has not progressed this year and may actually have regressed. She is faster and stronger, but her step pattern has been messed up all season. She needs to get her steps down pat and she needs to improve her hurdling technique. I see her being able to run a minimum of 5 yards faster than she did at the Nationals.
    That's about right...believed all the hype....