Facts, Not Fiction

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AFelixFan View Post
    The American women could win the w4x4 in Doha fielding their top four hurdlers. That's some insane depth.
    and it wouldn't be close!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ChitoAZX View Post
    I love Sam Kendricks but this is the way to celebrate! Dalilah is one super classy woman!
    Watched the vid for the 10th time. SM runs 52.88 and can't believe how badly she was boat-raced. She runs so smoothly she looks like she is just cruising along but she was pretty spent after the race.
    Last edited by thedoorknobbroke; 07-29-2019 at 05:00 AM.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    Of the top 4 SM was almost a ghost. Little pushed the race then had two killer stutter steps. Spencer closed like a demon. Muhammad with a massive run. And Syd cruised along by herself as if it was a stroll in the park.

Great race. Can it be duplicated in Doha?

Incredible race. Perfectly executed and shot out of the last turn. Iíll be very curious to see how much more she can go up to Doha. On the other side, Sydney looked OK. She didnít go out that hard and hasnít all season. I suspect once Sydney gets a couple more under her belt she will be right there with DM pushing the sub 52 barrier. Will be a great matchup in Doha.

They both better be on the relay team. Both are capable of 400m sub 50 right now.

4. Collapse Details

DMs final two hurdles where a thing of beauty! Nailed them.

It's a sprint event at the end of the day and there's no way that DMs new found sprint speed wasn't going to be a factor.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JumboElliott View Post
    I'm hoping that it's Spencer.

I'm rooting against Kori Carter after she entered the 200 yesterday and ran 28 seconds. That's not even a training run.
    Seconded! But never discount Hejnova.

6. Collapse Details

Quotes from Muhammad after the race:

"I've been kind of hitting that time in practice and my coach was like 'there's no way you can't do it'."

"That 52 is going to get broke - if not by me, by the other women,"

Someone pointed out that she ran a new PB over the 400 flat in April, but we all should have taken that 50.60 in Poland in June more seriously. Sheís in the shape of her life, I think sheís right, the record may go again this year

7. Collapse Details

Was slightly "relieving" to hear that the injury she got was from falling and suffering a slight concussion and not a "track" related injury per say. Glad she recovered well and came back to continue her year of personal bests.

8. Collapse Details

1 mps along the vector of the straight, that is not the wind speed, just one component. There has been a cross wind most of the time (I have been watching the vaults all three days, and they have the wind indicator, most of the time at an angle, although not as much on Sunday as on Saturday.

And my first World Record (Ryan just missed in my first pro meet in 1966, 3:53.3 versus 3:53.1 for Jazy, not certain of the tenths). I got a ton of viewing PRs this meet.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
    DMs final two hurdles where a thing of beauty! Nailed them.

It's a sprint event at the end of the day and there's no way that DMs new found sprint speed wasn't going to be a factor.
    So did Ashley Spencer who closed like a train. Not six deep like last time, but WOW.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    So did Ashley Spencer who closed like a train. Not six deep like last time, but WOW.
    Any idea what DM and SMís splits were?