Facts, Not Fiction

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    She focused on the 400 starting this season, and ran sub-52 and sub-51 for the first time ever in 2019. In prior seasons as a pro, all her 400 races would be at a couple meets in March/April or none at all.
    Given all her 400H training and experience, it may be a little disingenuous to say she's just now beginning 400m running. I think she's at where she should be in both - not that she can't improve at both. SM obviously has a larger up-side, but for as long as DM holds her off, the USA is only benefitting.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Given all her 400H training and experience, it may be a little disingenuous to say she's just now beginning 400m running.
    I was referring to her 400m in competition. This season was her first as a pro where she took the 400m seriously enough in actual races to run sub-52. Before 2019, she was obviously capable of sub-52 in the flat 400m ever since 2016 when she ran 52.64 in the hurdles, but her 400m PR didn't show it.

My point still stands, that her infrequent and relatively unserious history of 400m competitive racing (regardless of her seriousness in training) means her 400m PR is still significantly slower than what she is capable of, and her 1.60s delta between 400m and 400mh is misleading.

3. Collapse Details

Since DM set a world record under less than ideal conditions it underlines the point even more IMO that she is probably in 49ish condition. WIth better weather that race could have been sub 52.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cladthin View Post
    Since DM set a world record under less than ideal conditions it underlines the point even more IMO that she is probably in 49ish condition. WIth better weather that race could have been sub 52.
    I'm not so sure those were less than ideal conditions.

5. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    You'd be right. They were absolutely perfect.
    There are no strings on me

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    I was there. It sucked. Very difficult for any hurdler to have confidence in their footing on a wet track.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bowie View Post
    I was there. It sucked. Very difficult for any hurdler to have confidence in their footing on a wet track.
    Pretty sure that it's been established that today's spikes have BETTER traction in the wet.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    My point still stands, that her [DM] infrequent and relatively unserious history of 400m competitive racing
    SM is no more a 400m runner than DM.

9. Collapse Details

In underlying 400m capability, I agree.

But in actual historical results in the 400m, SM wins that contest easily. SM has a better SB for every year 2014 to 2018, a PB a half-second faster, and ran sub-52 in 2016, 3 years before DM's first sub-52.

10. Collapse Details

Not even close.

SM has much more raw speed. SM ran 50.07 in April last year in a downpour. Donít forget she also ran 22.39. SM is capable of 48.x.

Sorry but upside for SM is much much much higher than DM. I donít think DM will hold the WR in 2020.