Facts, Not Fiction

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Hi,

just a side note i think Kenny bednarek has huge upside potentially i would actually like to see him try a 100m, maybe next yr for that.

but i think depending how serious his injury is of course but if he can bounce back from that, continue training and dare i say still get ready for an end of September early October peak, i know he has had a long season up to this point already, but it is looking likely Noah lyles will win the diamond league over the 200m this year, not definite as i know there is no such thing in sport but at this point looking likely.

and if that happens then bednarek will be able to compete in Doha which would look like one of the better 200m squads at a majors with lyles, Coleman and potentially bednarek but we will see of course.

or does anyone think that he should call it a season rehab, rest, train hard and come all guns blazing for Olympic year next season.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by upchuckserious View Post
    Noah Lyles: **dances stupidly and tunelessly**
    Ato Boldon and Sanya Richards: **just look at that personality coming out**

Like, LMAO.
    Lyles can dance to his heart's content...just no damn back flips!!

3. Collapse Details

Anyone know what Bednerek’s injury was??

The way he looked in the semi’s he definitely would be on the team and would’ve challenge Coleman for second.(Don’t think he would’ve beaten Lyles).

Felt really bad for the kid...

4. Collapse Details

I know its far fetched in so many ways, but if Lyles were to somehow break Bolt's 200 record and get closer to the 19 second barrier, would Bolt come out of retirement for 2020 Tokyo?

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I know its far fetched in so many ways, but if Lyles were to somehow break Bolt's 200 record and get closer to the 19 second barrier, would Bolt come out of retirement for 2020 Tokyo?
    Surely you jest. LOL

6. Collapse Details

Bolt is way younger than Gatlin...
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by _Jay View Post
    Anyone know what Bednerek’s injury was??

The way he looked in the semi’s he definitely would be on the team and would’ve challenge Coleman for second.(Don’t think he would’ve beaten Lyles).

Felt really bad for the kid...
    Hamstring injury, though apparently not major.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
    Bolt is way younger than Gatlin...
    Only, 4 years younger...which is the same amount of time Gatlin had no wear and tear of track running on his body.

9. Collapse Details

Administrator
    note the correlation between Lanes and Reaction Times. If the women's race wasn't "random" I'd assume there was a signal-production problem.

LANES
    1. Rowe; 2. King; 3. Trimble; 4. Coleman; 5. Lyles; 6. Bednarek; 7. McClain; 8. Webb

REACTION TIMES
    Rowe 0.141; King 0.148; Trimble 0.156; Coleman 0.157; Lyles 0.169; McClain 0.172; Webb 0.188; Bednarek 0.207

(only Bednarek out of lane order

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    If we’re being honest, Bolt wasn’t really Bolt after 2012, maybe 2013 if we’re being generous. After that, he was just on par with what the other all-timers(Gay, Powell, Gatlin) did and declines past that those last couple of years.

So thinking he’d be any challenge to a new record holder what would be eight years after that seems to be a stretch.