Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Was pretty surprised to see Montgomery struggle ... Kerley and Norman looked great.

2. Collapse Details

Why are I feeling that Norman and Kerley were racing that semi and might pay for it in the final?
    Not at all sure how I feel about Leeper. How do we know what advantage he has from the lower body weight, long blades and tensile resiliency of those blades? Until that is ascertained, I feel he should compete apples v apples - against other Blade Runners. He's a great human interest story, but as with intersex athletes, BRs may have a distinct advantage. (tho I certainly have no personal knowledge - just asking)

3. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    It's absurd...if he could get his first 100 sorted out he could run 41. Then what...

He should run an 800...solo he could probably do 1:40 ..

4. Collapse Details

There seems a strong parallel to the internet example, in that particular events appear more suited to a "blade advantage"... 400m being the one here... Doesn't seem to boost shorter sprints due to different acceleration: deceleration ratios...

5. Collapse Details

And M.Kerley should feel mighty hard down by. Might not have been a medal contender, but could well have been in Relay teams mix.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JumboElliott View Post
    i feel bad for Mylik Kerley, who doesn't benefit have the advantage of increasing the length of his tibia or of advancing composite technology and lost out on a position in the finals as a result.

The Tibia/Femur ratio is reported as extremes from 0.78 to 0.92, with 0.80 commonly being cited as average. I caught a freezeframe of Leeper on my TV screen in what looked like a good side view and took rough measurements to come up with a 1.25 T/F ratio for him. So, even giving me a healthy margin of error, his ratio is a significant outlier.

(FWIW, as an experienced ortho physical therapist, I have a fairly good idea of how to take said lower extremity measurements.)
    Last edited by Fortius19; 07-27-2019 at 02:11 AM. Reason: spelling, twice!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Why are I feeling that Norman and Kerley were racing that semi and might pay for it in the final?
    Not at all sure how I feel about Leeper. How do we know what advantage he has from the lower body weight, long blades and tensile resiliency of those blades? Until that is ascertained, I feel he should compete apples v apples - against other Blade Runners. He's a great human interest story, but as with intersex athletes, BRs may have a distinct advantage. (tho I certainly have no personal knowledge - just asking)
    On top of this he doesn't have to contend with nearly as much lactic acid build up. I agree he's an awesome story, but he's running a different race.

He has much less tissue to perfuse and much less waste to expel, I think that's one of the biggest reasons he can hold his speed better; with less tissue demanding perfusion/waste release his resources are spent (more efficiently) elsewhere. It's a no-brainer to me that he shouldn't be displacing someone in the placings. Does this mean if he's in the top-3 that No. 4 isn't going to Doha?

On a silly side-note I suggested to my coworkers while watching that he should change his first name by one letter...
    Last edited by scottmitchell74; 07-27-2019 at 02:21 AM.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

8. Collapse Details

Why, oh why is somebody paying Josephus Lyles to be a pro?

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    Why, oh why is somebody paying Josephus Lyles to be a pro?
    It was a package deal. Obviously the other party is worth twice whatever he got.

10. Collapse Details

I feel like Michael Norman is pissed at Fred Kerley for making him run so hard in a semi-finals. Like, any chances of him breaking the WR tomorrow has been dimmed after that semi.