Facts, Not Fiction

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy News View Post
    ?

Every sprint has been into a headwind, including today, before and after this race. I doubt the wind stopped or changed direction during this race. If the wind kept doing what it's been doing all week, they would have hit a crosswind just after 200 and then fought it down the final straight.
    Last edited by trackCanuck; 07-27-2019 at 10:05 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    Every sprint has been into a headwind, including today, I doubt the wind stopped just for this race.
    I was just commenting that 43.64 is not a world lead as Norman ran 43.45 in April (?).

3. Collapse Details

someone brought pee for the punch bowl.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Fortius19 View Post
    The Tibia/Femur ratio is reported as extremes from 0.78 to 0.92, with 0.80 commonly being cited as average. I caught a freezeframe of Leeper on my TV screen in what looked like a good side view and took rough measurements to come up with a 1.25 T/F ratio for him. So, even giving me a healthy margin of error, his ratio is a significant outlier.

(FWIW, as an experienced ortho physical therapist, I have a fairly good idea of how to take said lower extremity measurements.)
    That wasn't really the point of Jumbo's original post. It's ridiculous to let a "para" athlete into the race. The PC drivel in some corners has been ridiculous.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy News View Post
    I was just commenting that 43.64 is not a world lead as Norman ran 43.45 in April (?).
    I realize that, I think these guys can go faster yet.

6. Collapse Details

Great race. I guess FK is back?

We'll see in September.

7. Collapse Details

That was a great race. Glad Kerley is bringing his own heat to the 400. Doha shaping up!
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

8. Collapse Details

I wanted to give props to ALTIS for finally helping an athlete give a great performance, only to discover that Fred Kerley has left ALTIS and has gone back to his old coach. O.o

In an interview, Michael Norman said he hadn't trained in two weeks. He said he didn't want to give an excuse for the loss, but he gave one anyways.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by upchuckserious View Post
    I wanted to give props to ALTIS for finally helping an athlete give a great performance, only to discover that Fred Kerley has left ALTIS and has gone back to his old coach. O.o

In an interview, Michael Norman said he hadn't trained in two weeks. He said he didn't want to give an excuse for the loss, but he gave one anyways.
    read somewhere that he has been ill

10. Collapse Details

Norman was coasting down the backstretch and may have taken Fred for granted. Fred is a true beast, boasting a superb physique for the 400. Glad to see him back at his best.