Facts, Not Fiction

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I wouldn't be surprised at almost anything Norman does.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by upchuckserious View Post
    I feel like Michael Norman is pissed at Fred Kerley for making him run so hard in a semi-finals. Like, any chances of him breaking the WR tomorrow has been dimmed after that semi.
    Why will he be pissed?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by upchuckserious View Post
    I feel like Michael Norman is pissed at Fred Kerley for making him run so hard in a semi-finals. Like, any chances of him breaking the WR tomorrow has been dimmed after that semi.
    Norman could have eased and finished 2nd if he wished.

As an aside unrelated to above. Not a fan of blade runners. Dangerous slope the sport is going down IMHO.

4. Collapse Details

I agree with NotDutra5 on blade runners. It is a tremendous achievement but one has only to watch the impact of the return on the blades over final 200 meters to see reason for concern.

5. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    Yea, the open being in lanes is one thing, but I see the relay as way too dangerous for everyone, including (Leeper).

I have no idea if there's any type of IAAF rule restricting blade runners from open legs in the 4x400, but Pistorius led off South Africa in 2012 so it's reasonable to expect Leeper could at least do that "safely".
    There are no strings on me

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Marcinkiewicz View Post
    I agree with NotDutra5 on blade runners. It is a tremendous achievement but one has only to watch the impact of the return on the blades over final 200 meters to see reason for concern.
    That was my impression too... you can see the catapulting effect of the blades once he get underway.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    I have no idea if there's any type of IAAF rule restricting blade runners from open legs in the 4x400, but Pistorius led off South Africa in 2012 so it's reasonable to expect Leeper could at least do that "safely".
    In the London 2012 4x4 heats, Pistorious was supposed to run 3rd leg, but never got to run (thankfully) as the 2nd leg runner got injured after a collision with Kenya, but they advanced SA to the finals.
    Then in the finals, Pistorious ran the anchor leg but South Africa was in last place by about 15m when he got the baton and he couldn't make up any ground so it wasn't noteworthy (again...thankfully).

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy News View Post
    Why will he be pissed?
    Because it may have affected his ability to run fast tomorrow.

9. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    In the London 2012 4x4 heats, Pistorious was supposed to run 3rd leg, but never got to run (thankfully) as the 2nd leg runner got injured after a collision with Kenya, but they advanced SA to the finals.
    Then in the finals, Pistorious ran the anchor leg but South Africa was in last place by about 15m when he got the baton and he couldn't make up any ground so it wasn't noteworthy (again...thankfully).

You're right - I was thinking of 2011 Worlds.

That said, you've answered my question. Apparently they could run Leeper wherever they want, though from what I've seen(so far) leadoff would be the best spot for him, blades or not.
    There are no strings on me

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    Apparently they could run Leeper wherever they want, though from what I've seen(so far) leadoff would be the best spot for him, blades or not.
    I think there was a rule change in 2015 (because of Markus Rehm, the german blade jumper). In order to compete against able bodied athletes blade runners/jumpers have to prove, that the prosthetic legs confer no advantage. Until 2015 the burden of proof was on the IAAF.