Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details

That 5000 was one of the most entertaining distances races I've seen in a long, long time.

2. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Indeed....but Kincaid was very odd...needs the qualifying time...and gets his own rabbit! And looked comfortable but when it was his turn to lead refused and slows down.....either the guy is an idiot or didn't care...

3. Collapse Details

Kincaid ran 13:12 indoors in 2017. He didn't TAKE the lead, Chelimo forced him to, moving out, slowing down and cutting in behind Kincaid. I'm not sure what Chelimo really wanted from this race, other than not to lose to Lomong. In Sacramento, 2017, in extreme heat, he took off, ran a solo 13:08. So I thought this might be a repeat, especially with him fearing Lomong. Then he decided he didn't want to do all the work, or maybe he didn't feel like he could run a fast race, or ????. So they played around until the last lap. I got the impression that Chelimo really wanted to test himself against Lomong, waiting until the last 100 to really sprint. What a great stretch drive! Chelimo, as he often does, bore out and even stuck an arm out, to no avail. Had Chelimo won, Lomong might have filed a protest. Yes, a very entertaining race. I hope the Newsletter has time for their last 100. The USATF results only have finish-line splits, so not even 2000 or 4000 times. I'm pretty sure Lomong never intended to double in Doha.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA, USA

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Indeed....but Kincaid was very odd...needs the qualifying time...and gets his own rabbit! And looked comfortable but when it was his turn to lead refused and slows down.....either the guy is an idiot or didn't care...
    I thought that a little odd myself.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy News View Post
    Who is the fake blue collar guy
    Ben "Holier-than-my-wife" True.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Kincaid ran first 3 laps at 4min mile pace and STILL PRed??!! That's insane. And his last lap was 54!
    Kindcaid was my favorite part of this highly entertaining race. He demonstrated a level of confidence, courage, and just a bit of questionable sanity that is rarely seen. Looking forward to watching him in the future!