Facts, Not Fiction

1. Collapse Details
    Need Help - Deep all-time HS 1500, 1600 & mile lists & their record progressions
    I'm in big need of some deep high school lists at 1500, 1600, and mile (combined is fine) but I need them as deep as possible (performers, performances) and I also need the record progressions for those same events back as far as I can get them. This is for a project I'm working on and I need be certain I'm accurate about a few things. Any and all lists would help. I would like to go back to at least 1972 if possible, but I'll take whatever I can get.

Much thanks in advance.

2. Collapse Details

Ok, I'll settle for the record progressions. Pretty please? BTW, record progressions would be a good thing to add to the archive. Just sayin'.

3. Collapse Details

There are several threads here with the mile progression pretty far back, though it's actually multiple different progressions due to various organizations having their own rules for what marks are and aren't eligible to be a HS record, and there's still a bunch of "other" marks beyond that. This thread and this thread and this thread explore that mess.

4. Collapse Details

Thanks for those. I had most of that but there's not a single stitch of info about the girls' records. I've emailed Jack Shepherd and Walt Murphy and waiting for replies. Working on a deadline here and any assistance is appreciated.

It never ceases to amaze me how complicated we've made records for a sport as simple as track and field. It's just time and distance, but thanks to all the different governing bodies T&FN is still the only reliable source IMO. Not intended as a shameless plug, just the truth.
    Last edited by Zat0pek; 08-12-2019 at 04:41 PM.

5. Collapse Details

I also need the high school national records by class if anyone knows where to get those, specifically the 1600. It's nuts how hard it is to get this kind of info sometimes!

6. Collapse Details

Administrator
    not if you buy HS Track

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Zat0pek View Post
    I also need the high school national records by class if anyone knows where to get those, specifically the 1600. It's nuts how hard it is to get this kind of info sometimes!
    This data in included in Jack Shepard's annual publication High School Track.

No serious fan of HS track and field should ever be without it.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    not if you buy HS Track
    I know. I feel like such a loser. Gonna have to bring that one up the next time I'm in confession and just hope the priest isn't a track geek. Won't make that mistake again!

9. Collapse Details

Good to see you posting Zat0pek.