Facts, Not Fiction

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I can recall hearing 10.2 for Bubka but assumed since it was only given to the tenth it was also a hand timed performance-if it actually occurred.

Where are the results for MD's 10.57 being wind aided? At least on Milesplit it does not have a wind reading for his region meet.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cladthin View Post
    Where are the results for MD's 10.57 being wind aided? At least on Milesplit it does not have a wind reading for his region meet.
    Mondo Duplantis - 100m 10.57 seconds (+2.1) Regionals

3. Collapse Details

4. Collapse Details

It is probably safe to say that Duplantis enjoys no real speed advantage over Bubka.

In 10 years we will be able to speak intelligently to Mondo’s accomplishments. We will never know what Bubka could have done had his incentives been different.

I’m willing to guess that Kendrick will not go 6.20 and 6.17 is pretty unlikely.

Lavillenie has probably had his best day.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I’m willing to guess that Kendrick will not go 6.20 and 6.17 is pretty unlikely.

Lavillenie has probably had his best day.
    I agree. As for Mondo, I can certainly see him eventually going 6.20, but as I said earlier in this thread, I don't see him in the 6.25-6.30 range.

6. Collapse Details

Administrator
    I...

Color me biased, but I'll take the research of our HS Editors over Milesplit when it comes down to thinks like wind-condition research.

Just because you can find something online doesn't make it gospel; nor does the absence of something mean it didn't happen.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    Color me biased, but I'll take the research of our HS Editors over Milesplit when it comes down to thinks like wind-condition research.

Just because you can find something online doesn't make it gospel; nor does the absence of something mean it didn't happen.
    Of course and I never said it was a fact-I was merely looking for the results that had the wind readings. Those were the only results I could easily find!

8. Collapse Details

Of course and I never said it was a fact-I was merely looking for the results that had the wind readings. Those were the only results I could easily find!
    Mondo's IAAF page lists it here.

https://www.iaaf.org/athletes/sweden...plantis-296278

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by br View Post
    Thanks. Interestingly they have the performance incorrectly noted as having taken place in Alexandria, VA. rather than Alexandria, LA.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    I agree. As for Mondo, I can certainly see him eventually going 6.20, but as I said earlier in this thread, I don't see him in the 6.25-6.30 range.
    Respectfully I think he can:

6.30 is 20'8" and his PR is 19'10 1/4" . He hasn't reached physical maturity, and is already jumping on monster poles. He has amazing competition to push him and has 8 more years before reaching his prime. Also in his entire 13 year vault career he has PRed every year.

On those monster poles he is gripping near the top. Also he has attempted 6 meters plus a ton of times this year and had amazing height on them. I think the world record is gone by the end of 2020 summer and we see some never before heights consistently by 2024. My two cents for whatever its worth!