Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Tokyo 2020 tickets
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum (apologies if not), but are there any options left for non-Japanese citizens to get track tickets for Tokyo 2020 ?

2. Collapse Details

Will the US Olympic T&F qualifying meet be in Oregon again next summer ?
    How tough is that to get a ticket into ?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
    Will the US Olympic T&F qualifying meet be in Oregon again next summer ?
    How tough is that to get a ticket into ?
    Yes, they will be in Eugene again. Ticket info here: https://gotracktownusa.com/events/20...lympic-trials/

4. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    It starts Thursday for the general public...

We already got our seats....great ones at that!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by berkeley View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum (apologies if not), but are there any options left for non-Japanese citizens to get track tickets for Tokyo 2020 ?
    This information is from the The Olympic Channel.

2020 Olympics Tickets on Sale: How to Buy Tickets to the Olympics

Country-by-country Olympics 2020 tickets sales

Around 30 per cent of the expected 7.8 million Games tickets have been reserved for international spectators, with Tokyo 2020 organisers keen that the "vast majority" of tickets go to local fans.

This first phase of international ticket sales is being run by Authorised Ticket Resellers, or ATRs. Each National Olympic Committee (NOC) has been assigned an ATR, and fans must purchase their tickets through the ATR in their nation of residence.

A full list of ATRs is available here.

Demand is expected to be high. Games organisers had to extend the ballot registration period for Japanese fans, with over 7.5 million registrations and more than 24 million hits received on the ticketing website.

Every NOC has been allocated a certain number of tickets to meet the expected demand.

Sales periods will differ between ATRs for each nation, so fans should check with their ATR for exact dates.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by br View Post
    This information is from the The Olympic Channel.

2020 Olympics Tickets on Sale: How to Buy Tickets to the Olympics

Country-by-country Olympics 2020 tickets sales

Around 30 per cent of the expected 7.8 million Games tickets have been reserved for international spectators, with Tokyo 2020 organisers keen that the "vast majority" of tickets go to local fans.

This first phase of international ticket sales is being run by Authorised Ticket Resellers, or ATRs. Each National Olympic Committee (NOC) has been assigned an ATR, and fans must purchase their tickets through the ATR in their nation of residence.

A full list of ATRs is available here.

Demand is expected to be high. Games organisers had to extend the ballot registration period for Japanese fans, with over 7.5 million registrations and more than 24 million hits received on the ticketing website.

Every NOC has been allocated a certain number of tickets to meet the expected demand.

Sales periods will differ between ATRs for each nation, so fans should check with their ATR for exact dates.
    I tried to track that down by going to cosport.com, but it seemed to me that possibly the entire USA allocation was already sold (at least for now).

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by donley2 View Post
    I tried to track that down by going to cosport.com, but it seemed to me that possibly the entire USA allocation was already sold (at least for now).
    Right, there is nothing still available through cosport. My question was whether there is any secondary market or other source.

8. Collapse Details

At this point they haven’t even had the lottery for Japanese fans according to a friend in Tokyo. Gonna be tough tickets. Have you noticed that neither T&FN nor the British groups are even offering tours yet?
    Re Eugene, according to the ticket office, the top tier tickets on the homestretch are gone, at least for season ticket subscribers. Perhaps they’re holding a few back for the general public?
    Last edited by bruce3404; 07-24-2019 at 01:49 AM.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bruce3404 View Post
    At this point they haven’t even had the lottery for Japanese fans according to a friend in Tokyo. Gonna be tough tickets. Have you noticed that neither T&FN nor the British groups are even offering tours yet?
    I could be wrong, but I thought that T&FN will have a Tokyo tour, and it's no longer offered because it's sold out.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought that T&FN will have a Tokyo tour, and it's no longer offered because it's sold out.
    I asked a tour friend about that, but when he didn't get back to me, perhaps I made the wrong supposition. I do know for a fact that the Brit tour has yet to make an offering.