Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 133
  1. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy News View Post
    Oh, Schippers didn't get a pass for false starting this time.
    Her drive phase in the heat was awful, just awful. She was joint 6th with Ahye until about 50m before she worked her way up to 4th and nearly nabbed Ahoure/Pinto on the line. That back half of her race looked a little bit more like the old Schippers, but she still isn't there yet. Time is running out, (although we do still have over 2 months until Doha! Don't need to panic yet)I'm not surprised she got DQed in the final, she needed to nail that start.

    She said she was after sub 11 here and was obviously disappointed she got DQ'ed.
    Last edited by Wiederganger; 07-22-2019 at 09:06 AM.
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy News View Post
    Will Hassan now consider to run the 1500m?
    According to the Dutch press, she intends to do the 5k/10k, and attributed her run the weekend to tiredness.
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiederganger View Post

    After this 200m PB, an informed friend is saying Seyni could go 23.6 + 25.0 ....which would be a very fast 48.6 You'd expect that to win everything,
    I can think of a few things it won't win.
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    So Seyni did try to compete in London, she posted a picture on Instagram of her outside the English Embassy in Paris earlier in July. However, it seems, like Naser, she couldn't get her visa in time, hence she competed in Niger.
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiederganger View Post
    According to the Dutch press, she intends to do the 5k/10k, and attributed her run the weekend to tiredness.
    That's too bad, I love to see her in the 1500.
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,570
    SAFP is one of the best of all time and DAS hasn't got the level of experience in putting races together in the same way, the repetition each time from SAFP is very impressive and DAS will get better the more she does it.

    Thompson and SAFP are going to be close across the 100m with the 200m possibly a better chance for Thompson, as most of her main challengers will be running both sprints, depending on what comes out of the US Trials.

    Great to see some more doubling which it feels we use to see more of.
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    I understand the shock/awe regarding Seyni, but please let us not forget she is not the only athlete ever to have dramatically gone up a gear in one season.

    Bolt went from a time outside the top 900 times with 10.03 in 2007 to 9.69, the fastest ever, in 2008.

    Fraser-Pryce went from 11.74 in 2006, to 11.21 in 2007 and 10.78 in 2008. If you remove Jone's doped runs & Lalova-Collio's suspect start run, it took SAFP up to 6th on the All-Time list, the then 9th fastest time ever run over 100m. That from a time that was outside the top 1000 runs, closer to 2000.

    On the other hand, Seyni's best this season is the 65th fastest ever, making her the 17th fastest all time. Nowhere near the same impact as Bolt & SAFP on the All Time lists. And she isn't dominating, she is still, at present, behind SMU and Naser.

    Seyni has to earn her reputation just as the other two had to and it remains to be seen if she can win medals and be consistent in years to come. She is an enigma but let's play nice.
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
    SAFP is one of the best of all time and DAS hasn't got the level of experience in putting races together in the same way, the repetition each time from SAFP is very impressive and DAS will get better the more she does it.

    Thompson and SAFP are going to be close across the 100m with the 200m possibly a better chance for Thompson, as most of her main challengers will be running both sprints, depending on what comes out of the US Trials.

    Great to see some more doubling which it feels we use to see more of.
    I think SAFP's 200m form showed in London because no one was making any ground up at the end of the race. She is strong.

    We've gone from the women's 200m possibly being a bit of a damp squib to what now promises to be a great clash. ET & SAFP now likely doubling, SMU likely doubling, DAS being there or thereabouts, Schippers (still to show form but 8+weeks left...) Ta Lou and whoever makes the US team!
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    Bad comparison re Seyni. Neither SAFP nor Bolt were challenging the world's best with less than 3 years of serious training. Seyni will be running sub-48 within the next 2 years unless something unmentionable happens.
    Last edited by 18.99s; 07-22-2019 at 12:21 PM.
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiederganger View Post
    I think SAFP's 200m form showed in London because no one was making any ground up at the end of the race. She is strong.

    We've gone from the women's 200m possibly being a bit of a damp squib to what now promises to be a great clash. ET & SAFP now likely doubling, SMU likely doubling, DAS being there or thereabouts, Schippers (still to show form but 8+weeks left...) Ta Lou and whoever makes the US team!
    I still think a fresh Prandini or Thomas repping the USA in the 200m are unlikely to be a match to the other athletes mentioned. Hard to gauge how much they might peak given their okish seasons so far and how much the NCAA athletes have held on or can continue to hold form through to Doha.
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •