Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 133

Hybrid View

  1. Collapse Details
    Muller London Diamond League
    #1
    Basically every event here. Very few Americans as expected since USA's are next week as well. Among some basic fields, there are some very loaded ones

    One notable athlete I see Barshim is entered in the High Jump. First competition since his near attempt at the WR in Hungary?
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    I think it usually clashes with Ethiopian and/or Kenyan trials.
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    right where I'm supposed to be.
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post

    One notable athlete I see Barshim is entered in the High Jump. First competition since his near attempt at the WR in Hungary?
    Barshim has at least one competition under his belt this year. He jumped 2.27 in June in Poland I believe.
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Very disappointed. The email that I got yesterday from NBC Sports Gold said the track event window was 9-11am Eastern US time. And indeed, that is the time window of the live meet--it's in progress now and the live results are popping up on the meet's website.

    But when I went to Sports Gold to watch the meet, I found that it will be aired one hour late--from 10am to noon, Eastern. I've no idea why this delay--the track channel of the Sports Gold DL shows are normally live.

    Not happy.
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    N38 40, W 121 52
    Posts
    4,453
    Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    Very disappointed. The email that I got yesterday from NBC Sports Gold said the track event window was 9-11am Eastern US time. And indeed, that is the time window of the live meet--it's in progress now and the live results are popping up on the meet's website.

    But when I went to Sports Gold to watch the meet, I found that it will be aired one hour late--from 10am to noon, Eastern. I've no idea why this delay--the track channel of the Sports Gold DL shows are normally live.

    Not happy.
    Are you sure they are not just skipping the first hour? I sent them an e-mail last week telling them that their schedule was wrong -- no response.
    The 5000 is on now, but we can't see it.
    Not happy, either.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shank View Post
    Are you sure they are not just skipping the first hour?
    Oh, my! It looks as if that's exactly what they did. I tuned in at 10am, assuming they'd show the two-hour track window an hour late. But instead, they joined the meet in progress. I guess we'll never get to see the first hour.

    Definitely not happy.
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    3,181
    Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    Oh, my! It looks as if that's exactly what they did. I tuned in at 10am, assuming they'd show the two-hour track window an hour late. But instead, they joined the meet in progress. I guess we'll never get to see the first hour.

    Definitely not happy.
    I think it was a tech problem, not a delay. I suspect we'll see the first few events when they post the meet to the "replay" section.
    "Run fast and keep turning left."
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    N38 40, W 121 52
    Posts
    4,453
    Quote Originally Posted by trackstar View Post
    I think it was a tech problem, not a delay. I suspect we'll see the first few events when they post the meet to the "replay" section.
    Not sure about that -- the schedule always showed 7 AM, PDT for Saturday, 6 AM for Sunday. I kept checking back, while watching the M LJ feed, but it kept showing 7 AM. Thanks to you, I only missed the 100s.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    N38 40, W 121 52
    Posts
    4,453
    Kipyegon DNS
    Alan Shank
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    Oh, my! It looks as if that's exactly what they did. I tuned in at 10am, assuming they'd show the two-hour track window an hour late. But instead, they joined the meet in progress. I guess we'll never get to see the first hour.

    Definitely not happy.
    When there are quality events happening on the track before (or after) the television window NBC Sports Gold should have a separate feed (no commentary, if necessary) for that action. Just like they do for the field events that start before the TV window.
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •