Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56
  1. Collapse Details
     
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    Serious question. What is the solution?
    Are pharmacy companies supposed to quit producing drugs that are beneficial for some? Who is to decide who gets what and how many drugs?
    Let's start with jail time for those who pay doctors to promote any drug, and for the doctors who accept those payments.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,649
    From one producer of oxy to another. (Wa Post)
    "In January 2009, Borelli told Cochrane in another email that 1,200 bottles of oxycodone 30 mg tablets had been shipped.

    “Keep ’em comin’!” Cochrane responded. “Flyin’ out of there. It’s like people are addicted to these things or something. Oh, wait, people are. . .”
    So User4: you have an addictive produce, one that you know kills, and you think it's funny.
    Is this how the capitalists want to be remembered? Oh I forgot they don't give a damn. Pay the fine, move on.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,649
    Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    I can only find Orwellian propaganda that assumes they are evil.
    And now the courts are agreeing, and the Doctors, and the DEA, and most politicians. A dastardly lot. The market rules! Screw the consumer!
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Posts
    6,638
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyp View Post
    And now the courts are agreeing, and the Doctors, and the DEA, and most politicians. A dastardly lot. The market rules! Screw the consumer!
    More Insanity, "screw the consumer", by plundering the people producing the drug they need and making lawyers fantastically wealthy.

    I find nothing wrong with drug companies pitching their products to MDs . That is exactly what they should be doing.

    Now if MDs over prescribe pain relief medicine they are guilty of malpractice.

    But friends, it's a perfect opportunity to celebrate the greatness of the American pharmecutical sector, without them the fantastic life saving impact of advanced medicine would not be ours. Friends , pain relief is vital, essential, in order to keep your parents and grandparents alive and productive . Don't thank me , thank Purdue Pharma .
    Last edited by user4; 07-21-2019 at 01:28 PM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indian Territory
    Posts
    13,526
    Certainly, doctors who knowingly over prescribe and those who bribe them should be prosecuted but the ultimate responsibility lies with the user. No demand, no supply.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    1,889
    Well said lonewolf. Ultimately, people are responsible for their choices. We are susceptible to marketing, for sure, but no one is putting a gun to people and forcing them to overdose on opioids.

    While we are slamming Big Pharma, how about we throw in every producer of food with sugar or chemicals we cannot even pronounce? Obesity in America, and the health issues and deaths it causes and contributes to, might outweigh deaths from opioids. The following is one of many articles outlining the vast consequences of obesity.

    https://www.publichealth.org/public-.../consequences/

    As it says, in 2007 25% of all deaths in America were from heart disease, and obesity is the leading risk factor. As a chaplain at a hospital, I see young people all the time who are on death's doorstep because of health issues arising from obesity. Poor diet is certainly a leading factor in their early demise.

    If we are eager to slam doctors who prescribe legal opioids to combat real pain, where is our outrage at Companies who peddle products with sugar and processed ingredients? But no one is forcing people to have a Big Mac, fries, and a Coke, Supersize that. People choose to eat that on their own. And fast food doesn't have the potential to do good as correctly prescribed opioids can.
    Last edited by bobguild76; 07-21-2019 at 03:14 PM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by bobguild76 View Post
    Well said lonewolf. Ultimately, people are responsible for their choices. We are susceptible to marketing, for sure, but no one is putting a gun to people and forcing them to overdose on opioids.

    While we are slamming Big Pharma, how about we throw in every producer of food with sugar or chemicals we cannot even pronounce? Obesity in America, and the health issues and deaths it causes and contributes to, might outweigh deaths from opioids. The following is one of many articles outlining the vast consequences of obesity.

    https://www.publichealth.org/public-.../consequences/

    As it says, in 2007 25% of all deaths in America were from heart disease, and obesity is the leading risk factor. As a chaplain at a hospital, I see young people all the time who are on death's doorstep because of health issues arising from obesity. Poor diet is certainly a leading factor in their early demise.

    If we are eager to slam doctors who prescribe legal opioids to combat real pain, where is our outrage at Companies who peddle products with sugar and processed ingredients? But no one is forcing people to have a Big Mac, fries, and a Coke, Supersize that. People choose to eat that on their own. And fast food doesn't have the potential to do good as correctly prescribed opioids can.
    fast food also does not have the potential to do the harm opioids do. Big pharma opiod producer are a few rungs lower than the rat fuck tobacco producers were/are in denying the harm their products do. people have to be responsible for themselves but companies that produce deadly products must shoulder a major responsibility as well. Opioid producers obviously do not want to shoulder this responsibility and should be in jail/put out of business. And it is very nice to see that something like 20 states attorneys general are suing opioid producers and will likely put the most egregious suppliers out of business.
    The last thing opioid producers want to hear is "Mike Moore is on the phone"....https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...pioid-industry
    Last edited by thedoorknobbroke; 07-21-2019 at 04:55 PM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Right next to a Gator filled pond
    Posts
    4,625
    Are we really comparing processed food to opiods?
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Posts
    6,638
    Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    Are we really comparing processed food to opiods?
    I hope not, opioid pain relief medicines are irreplaceable for modern human life. Without them we would be one step closer to the stone age. Many people could not survive the terrible stress of post surgery without opiod based pain relief medicine.

    Process foods are non essential, if anything they diminish life and are certainly at best redundant.


    Friends, now is the perfect time to count your blessings that you live in a country where modern medicine is giving you decades longer life expectancy with full range of motion, full use of your faculties for such a small cost. Thank you Purdue Pharma.

    Dear Purdue Pharma, please dont let the conspiritorialist shake down artists get you down. Please continue to blaze a trail for modern medicine that leads humankind to another epoch of extended life and pain free surgeries.
    Last edited by user4; 07-21-2019 at 07:25 PM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    i hope not, opioid pain relief medicines are irreplaceable for modern human life. Without them we would be one step closer to the stone age. Many people could not survive the terrible stress of post surgery without opiod based pain relief medicine.

    Process foods are non essential, if anything they diminish life and are certainly at best redundant.


    Friends, now is the perfect time to count your blessings that you live in a country where modern medicine is giving you decades longer life expectancy with full range of motion, full use of your faculties for such a small cost. Thank you purdue pharma.

    Dear purdue pharma, please dont let the conspiritorialist shake down artists get you down. Please continue to blaze a trail for modern medicine that leads humankind to another epoch of extended life and pain free surgeries.
    omg!!
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •