Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Opiods in your county
    For those of you who can get into the Washington Post. Includes a map showing # of pills per person sold in that county. #1 that I can see Charleston S.C. 240+ per person per year.
    Your friendly pharmacy companies like Walgreens and CVS there to oblige.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.91cec0cb0144

2. Collapse Details

Not sure what to make of this. Should the pharmacies refuse to fill prescriptions? Should manufacturers cut back supply and raise prices?

I'm only interested in the doctors who prescribe and refill prescriptions for all these pills.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Master403 View Post
    Not sure what to make of this. Should the pharmacies refuse to fill prescriptions? Should manufacturers cut back supply and raise prices?

I'm only interested in the doctors who prescribe and refill prescriptions for all these pills.
    Prescriptions need to be cut way back and time/dose limited. M.D.'s who have patients who need pain meds need approval and oversight, but it would require a special oversight board working 24/7. Pharmacies should question long term prescriptions. It's an addicitive medication and if it had been accepted as such in the beginning we wouldn't have had 90% of the deaths.
    Here is Florida's answer:
    http://www.fapmmed.net/State_Opioid_...ing_Policy.pdf
    Last edited by jeremyp; 07-18-2019 at 07:17 PM.

4. Collapse Details

Administrator
    the Louvre takes down the Sackler Family's name

http://edition.cnn.com/style/article...cli/index.html

5. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    That's good to hear...

6. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Yeah, completely innocent people, Sackler/Purdue Pharma, after providing a vital pain relief product at an affordable price now being scapegoated for the misdeeds and addictions of others is always good to hear.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    Yeah, completely innocent people, Sackler/Purdue Pharma
    If any of the many accusations against the company are true, this is a laughable concept.
    Last edited by NotDutra5; 07-19-2019 at 04:28 PM.

8. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    The Sacklers as innocent is the biggest joke I've heard lately....about as innocent as El Chapo....

The Family That Built an Empire of Pain
    The Sackler dynasty’s ruthless marketing of painkillers has generated billions of dollars—and millions of addicts.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...empire-of-pain
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 07-19-2019 at 03:47 PM.

9. Collapse Details

Oh, wait, you're serious about the Sacklers being "completely innocent"?

No. They have a lot to answer for.

10. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    A pharmaceutical company provides better drugs in a market place and informs the market of the benefits of its products. These drugs provide a remedy for debilitating pain and pain relief is vital to the advance of human life and to civilization. These drugs allow for life saving surgeries and they alleviate so much suffering that their value can not be quantified in mere dollars.

I am grateful for the Sacklers and their work to reduce the cost of pain relief medicines and the efficacy of pain relief. While I have never had serious need for pain relief I and family members have had surgeries of various types so I know the pain control component of surgery is essential.

I would never and can not fathom how a person could blame the maker of pain relief medicine for their own addictions. I doubt the addicts are the source of this fraud, rather it is the litigious blame and plunder economy of lawyering classes of scoundrels that attends the descent of every civilization.

There was a time in the distant past , 70 years ago when people would blame themselves for their own dissolution that accompanied their own bad habits and addictions.

But now, no matter how obvious ones addictions may be the result of their own slothfulness and life of leisure they never place the blame squarely on themselves and the enablers that they have sought out for their own self induced tragedies. No, instead they search for lawyers who can convince them that the deepest pocketed person, the one that is doing good for society is to blame for their tragic life.

I want to thank Purdue Pharma for making pain medications better and more cost effective so that surgeries can go more smoothly, so that men can go to work and be productive despite a horrible tooth ache, and countless other vital needs for pain relief medication. Thank you Purdue Pharma, thank you Sacklers!
    Last edited by user4; 07-20-2019 at 01:34 AM.