Facts, Not Fiction

Thread: Apollo 11

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    As our arch enemies back then, the Soviets had every incentive and capability to detect and expose fake moon landings by the USA, if they were faked.
    Yep, that's exactly what I said earlier. I saw First Man yesterday for the 1st time and I liked it almost as much as I liked The Right Stuff.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Yep, that's exactly what I said earlier. I saw First Man yesterday for the 1st time and I liked it almost as much as I liked The Right Stuff.
    The Apollo 11 documentary movie is also well worth viewing.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    I saw First Man yesterday for the 1st time and I liked it almost as much as I liked The Right Stuff.
    My wife and I watched First Man last night and while well made, it was not nearly as entertaining as The Right Stuff. Primarily because Neil was, what's that word I'm looking for? Oh yeah, boring!! Great for the job he plays in history but not nearly as good a Hollywood story as the guys in Wolff's Right Stuff . . . .

We both loved the actress who plays Armstrong's wife but could not place where we knew her from, as the young Queen Elizabeth in The Crown, until her name - Claire Foy - rolled by in the credits. Old age on our part and great acting on hers!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bobguild76 View Post
    The Apollo 11 documentary movie is also well worth viewing.
    The one that aired on CNN? I saw that too.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bad hammy View Post
    My wife and I watched First Man last night and while well made, it was not nearly as entertaining as The Right Stuff. Primarily because Neil was, what's that word I'm looking for? Oh yeah, boring!! Great for the job he plays in history but not nearly as good a Hollywood story as the guys in Wolff's Right Stuff . . . .

We both loved the actress who plays Armstrong's wife but could not place where we knew her from, as the young Queen Elizabeth in The Crown, until her name - Claire Foy - rolled by in the credits. Old age on our part and great acting on hers!
    First Man was darker than The Right Stuff, not only Armstrong but the music and everything else about it. Armstrong was an odd bird, but I guess you wouldn't expect a normal guy to volunteer for something like that.

6. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Turns out Armstrong, who died in 2012, was likely a victim of medical malpractice. Hospital paid his family $6 million in hush money

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...th/1809928001/
    There are no strings on me