Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 78
  1. Collapse Details
     
    #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    N38 40, W 121 52
    Posts
    4,545
    Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    Entered and accepted. Not sure if there is news beyond that.
    Now declared, also in 100 and LJ. In how many will she actually compete?
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    on task
    Posts
    11,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shank View Post
    Now declared, also in 100 and LJ. In how many will she actually compete?
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    The post you quoted was for Richardson, not Bowie, so no LJ.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #53
    Quote Originally Posted by donley2 View Post
    Down to 11 and its two days before the meet starts and no official update to the schedule.
    Carter has scratched. Doesn't she have to show fitness? If another American wins the DL finals, USA can send 4 women, excluding Carter right?
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    3,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy News View Post
    Carter has scratched. Doesn't she have to show fitness? If another American wins the DL finals, USA can send 4 women, excluding Carter right?
    She just has to compete in the meet. She is entered in the 200.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 221, Row K, Seats 25-6, Hayward
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by donley2 View Post
    She just has to compete in the meet. She is entered in the 200.
    She can, and probably will, run a 25.0 in her first heat. Seems a silly rule since the intent, I believe, is to get top performers to show up AND perform
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #56
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,729
    nah, the intent is to give the crowd some superstar facetime without putting said stars at risk of injury.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    128
    The womens 400H is one of the best qualifying fields I have seen in a long time. I think people took one look at that lineup and headed back to bed. It will take a 53 to make the third spot on this team.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,566
    No way that Carter is not going to run her best or give her best effort in that 200m, she's a competitor and has run a PB of 23.01 this year so I think she'll be gunning for her first sub 23.

    In the time we've had wild cards have any athletes given a really sub par performance at the US Trials?
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #59
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
    ....

    In the time we've had wild cards have any athletes given a really sub par performance at the US Trials?
    "frequently" I'd say.

    Here's the lead of our men's TJ story from '17:

    <<As the holder of a Wild Card, Christian Taylor needed only to show up for the meet to qualify for London. Thus it was that he flew in from Amsterdam, ran through the board on his initial attempt and called it a day. He explained, “Every time I compete I want to put on a show, but this time I had to play it smart.”>>
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    on task
    Posts
    11,933
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    Here's the lead of our men's TJ story from '17:

    <<As the holder of a Wild Card, Christian Taylor needed only to show up for the meet to qualify for London. Thus it was that he flew in from Amsterdam, ran through the board on his initial attempt and called it a day. He explained, “Every time I compete I want to put on a show, but this time I had to play it smart.”>>
    Sounds like the exact same scenario as this year. I was hoping he'd jump 17m (~56') on his one attempt, but he may have - foul, p, p.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •