Facts, Not Fiction

 
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Collapse Details
    Back to back 6 meter jumps?
    #1
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    A Temperate Island
    Posts
    7,516
    Piotr Lisek just jumped 6.01 and 6.02 in back to back meets.

    Does anyone have stats on back to back 6 meter vaults? I assume Bubka and Renaud both did it, has anyone else? What were their best back to back combos?
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sleeping in Finland
    Posts
    4,141
    Gataullin jumped 600 and 602 in what I think were consecutive meets in 1989 (they were both indoor WRs, too; Bubka jumped 603 a week later).

    Steve Hooker went 601-606-600 in his first three indoor meets in 2009.

    Brad Walker jumped 604 and 600 in consecutive meets in 2008, and then never went higher than 590 again.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    1,139
    I would have thought it's tougher to do this outdoors than indoors where you will get the same wind conditions at both meets (i.e. none).
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    15,324
    Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post
    Piotr Lisek just jumped 6.01 and 6.02 in back to back meets.
    No, he did not. In between the two DLs he competed in Białystok, where he won with 5.61.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    A Temperate Island
    Posts
    7,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    No, he did not. In between the two DLs he competed in Białystok, where he won with 5.61.
    Oh! Did not realize that, thanks
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post
    Does anyone have stats on back to back 6 meter vaults? I assume Bubka and Renaud both did it, has anyone else? What were their best back to back combos?
    Well, the easiest data for back to back jumps, is those made in the same competition.

    As of the end of 2018, this feat has been achieved by only three people, Bubka, Lavillenie and Duplantis:

    • Bubka and Lavillenie both did this twice, Duplantis only once (so far).
    • Lavillenie is the only one to do this twice in the same year.
    • Bubka is the only one to do this in different years.
    • Duplantis is the only one to do this during the outdoor season.
    • Lavillenie is the only one to do this in consecutive competitions.


    Here is a table of the data, sorted by total jump height:

    Total Athlete DOP Location Anc Main Season
    12.19 Sergey Bubka 13.02.1993 Liévin 6.05 6.14 In
    12.17 Renaud Lavillenie 15.02.2014 Donetsk 6.01 6.16 In
    12.08 Renaud Lavillenie 31.01.2014 Bydgoszcz 6.00 6.08 In
    12.08 Sergey Bubka 09.02.1991 Volgograd 6.00 6.08 In
    12.05 Armand Duplantis 12.08.2018 Berlin 6.00 6.05 Out
    Data: www.alltime-athletics.com

    Also of note, Lavillenie also achieved his double-double detailed above as part of three consectutive competitions:
    25-Jan-14 Rouen 6.04 (5.93)
    31-Jan-14 Bydgoszcz 6.08 (6.00)
    15-Feb-14 Donetsk 6.16 (6.01)
    Lavillenie let the side down in Rouen with that 5.93.


    I'll need to do some checking to confirm/extend LopenUupunut's list of consecutive competitions. Maybe tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    15,324
    Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post
    Oh! Did not realize that, thanks
    You would have if you followed my Polish news thread on the Current forum
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    No, he did not. In between the two DLs he competed in Białystok, where he won with 5.61.
    Lisek really is the big PV news this year. We knew he was good, but I’m not sure anyone anticipated this. What are people expecting of him for the rest of the year?
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by El Toro View Post
    Well, the easiest data for back to back jumps, is those made in the same competition.

    As of the end of 2018, this feat has been achieved by only three people, Bubka, Lavillenie and Duplantis:

    • Bubka and Lavillenie both did this twice, Duplantis only once (so far).
    • Lavillenie is the only one to do this twice in the same year.
    • Bubka is the only one to do this in different years.
    • Duplantis is the only one to do this during the outdoor season.
    • Lavillenie is the only one to do this in consecutive competitions.


    Here is a table of the data, sorted by total jump height:

    Total Athlete DOP Location Anc Main Season
    12.19 Sergey Bubka 13.02.1993 Liévin 6.05 6.14 In
    12.17 Renaud Lavillenie 15.02.2014 Donetsk 6.01 6.16 In
    12.08 Renaud Lavillenie 31.01.2014 Bydgoszcz 6.00 6.08 In
    12.08 Sergey Bubka 09.02.1991 Volgograd 6.00 6.08 In
    12.05 Armand Duplantis 12.08.2018 Berlin 6.00 6.05 Out
    Data: www.alltime-athletics.com

    Also of note, Lavillenie also achieved his double-double detailed above as part of three consectutive competitions:
    25-Jan-14 Rouen 6.04 (5.93)
    31-Jan-14 Bydgoszcz 6.08 (6.00)
    15-Feb-14 Donetsk 6.16 (6.01)
    Lavillenie let the side down in Rouen with that 5.93.


    I'll need to do some checking to confirm/extend LopenUupunut's list of consecutive competitions. Maybe tomorrow.
    2014 was a special year for Lavillenie.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •