Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

The long sprint stages, where there's no action for hours on end, are worth watching just for the spectacular videography from the helicopters. Today they showed the Pont du Gard, a 2000-year-old Roman aqueduct bridge, which the peleton crossed for the first time in Tour history. It's on stages like this where I miss Paul Sherwin.

2. Collapse Details

Administrator
    if I want a travelogue I'll go to the Travel Channel :-)

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    this moved over from Not Track for our many cycling fans

4. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Wow thanks....

Yesterday was something....mysterious Pinot....avalanches....hail....upset riders....and today a truncated stage...

5. Collapse Details

Yes, gh, thanks! I tuned in yesterday probably 15 minutes after they had called the halt to the race, and didnít watch (nor remember to DVR) todayís stage, but I t sounds like Bernal was going to be the GC winner no matter what. However, you never know, and thatís why they play the game. Today was supposed to be a pretty brutal day of climbing. Would have been great to see how it played out. What a shame to see the weather disrupt what has been the most interesting Tour in a number of years.

6. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    A shame Pinot got hurt just when he was poised to put a stake through the heart of Team Ineos/Sky. And a freak injury at that - torn quad from hitting his handlebar?

Next year should be fun at Ineos, with three Tour alphas(Froome, Thomas, Bernal)
    There are no strings on me

7. Collapse Details

Pinot out was a big blow....

I like Liggett but the cliches get tiresome...the Brendan Foster syndrome.. ...'this man will never give up' as Alaphilippe loses 6 minutes in 2 days....and probably would have lost more if the weather hadn't destroyed the roads....

Thomas is in an odd position indeed. Does he really want to work for Bernal next year?

8. Collapse Details

Crap. ;-(

I wonder; should one or more French riders, even from other teams (especially those who were out of the running) have shadowed Alaphilippe in an effort to help him hold his pace and protect the yellow jersey once they entered the last 3 mountain stages?

Too long (since Bernard Hinault, 1985) have they languished without the title. This was probably their best chance yet, before the hail and the flood. At one point, I thought Thibault Pinot was going to sneak up and take the yellow jersey the rest of the way to the Champs-…lysťes.

9. Collapse Details

This was by far the most enjoyable Tour in years. During the years that Skeletor was winning, I barely tuned in except for the sprint stages. I am disappointed for Alaphilippe, but hearing the Colonbian broadcast replay from the end of yesterday's stage was pretty damn good.

10. Collapse Details

The last day is as usual anticlimactic.....

The visual of Thomas staring at Bernal doing the celebrations was weird....and with Froome I presume back....as noted it is going to be strange....reminds me of LeMond and Hinault in the 80s....it didn't work well....got results but plenty of animosity....
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 07-28-2019 at 07:54 PM.